By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - THE LAST OF US HAS DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!

riderz13371 said:
KHlover said:

Sorry to break it to you, but Super Mario Galaxy 2 actually has 42 perfect review scores. :P

That's a negligible difference though and a HUGE achievement for Naughty Dog. Congratulations to the (second) best reviewed game this generation!

Wasn't saying it has the most perfect scores ever. I was just eagerly anticipating TLOU beating Uncharted 2's 39 perfect scores.

"OMFG GAME OF THE GENERATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ahaha, this part fooled me then. But as I said earlier - it's not as if those two reviews have ANY impact on the brilliance of those games^^

Around the Network

gamerankings.com? yeah, okay. lol

Kantor said:
I don't really understand all of this. Yes, it's an excellent game. I do think it's the PS3's best exclusive and the best game that Naughty Dog have ever made.

But it's not the be-all and end-all of gaming like all these 10/10s suggest. There are long segments where nothing really happens. The stealth tools are decidedly lacking. The friendly AI is often a bit of a mess: Ellie runs around in front of clickers and Joel gets stuck behind her when trying to take cover. Nothing it does is really groundbreaking at all.

And yet all of these flaws are ignored in 40 perfect-scored reviews

Most sites do not consider 10 flawless though, only that the flaws do not affect the experince in a meaningful way.

my honest opinion, you are being picky, " all of these " is an overstatement as the friendly AI does not expose you in front of enemies. Many games got away with 10s that had major flaws, mostly technical one, others with design flaws. one of your favorite games comes to mind :)

Carl2291 said:
Destructoid does 10's best.

"Games rated 10 aren't perfect, since nothing is, but they come as close as you could get in a given genre"

On another note, it does make me wonder where TLoU would be without the obvious troll review. Easy 96.

Does Destructoid use that as a disclaimer for games they give 10's to?

A good philosophy, I must say.

VXIII said:
Kantor said:
I don't really understand all of this. Yes, it's an excellent game. I do think it's the PS3's best exclusive and the best game that Naughty Dog have ever made.

But it's not the be-all and end-all of gaming like all these 10/10s suggest. There are long segments where nothing really happens. The stealth tools are decidedly lacking. The friendly AI is often a bit of a mess: Ellie runs around in front of clickers and Joel gets stuck behind her when trying to take cover. Nothing it does is really groundbreaking at all.

And yet all of these flaws are ignored in 40 perfect-scored reviews

Most sites do not consider 10 flawless though, only that the flaws do not affect the experince in a meaningful way.

my honest opinion, you are being picky, " all of these " is an overstatement as the friendly AI does not expose you in front of enemies. Many games got away with 10s that had major flaws, mostly technical one, others with design flaws. one of your favorite games comes to mind :)

The Last of Us is one of my favourite games, but that doesn't make it a 10/10.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Im still playing through the single player and had it since launch! work and beng busy and other hobbies has restricted my gaming lately, although I do think I'm nearing the end now.
The game completely deserves all the perfect scores its getting, I've thoroughly enjoyed journeying through the fantastic post apocalyptic zombie world Naughty Dog have created, also watching Joel's and Ellie's friendship develop through the story is really good.
Naughty Dog have pulled this game off big time. Awesome talented developers they are.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

awesome game but it has some flaws you recognize as more you play it. that's why a 10 point system isn't enough for these cases. i mean, i would give it 10/10 but still "only" 94% after my second playthrough (yes, logic would be 9/10 then). the game would never get 100/100 because of stuff like your buddies a.i. which let them jump in front of your enemies all the freaking time (that is not only very illogical, it also destroys the atmosphere) or if you run fast to a scripted event you hear your companion talk about the stuff in front of you even when they are 200 meters away and can't see it. they just start to talk because you stepped over an invisible line starting this conversation.

a 20 point system would be great for that lol

Very nice but the generation ain't over yet. GTA V could do it.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

JayWood2010 said:

First off I disagree with perfect and while TLoU is amazing and imo one of the best games ive played I would not have commented if it wasnt for the game of the gen remark seeing as we have had 9 games ranked higher this generation. Mostly multiplatform.

GTAIV - 98
Mario Glaxy - 97
Mario Galaxy 2 - 97
Bioshock - 96
Orange Box - 96
Skyrim - 96
Mass Effect 2 - 96
Uncharted 2 - 96
Batman Arkham Asylum - 96

Yes, but only because two clown sites gave TLOU 7.5/10 and 6/10. Without those ridiculous scores, it would have been 9.6/10 if not 9.7/10. Poaching still exists on Metacritic sometimes.

The PS5 Exists. 

Congrats to Naughty Dog for passing U2...well in terms of perfect reviews :p but Sony has already been touting 50 perfect reviews on an internet ad I saw..and didn't Aldro make a thread on TLOU having like 70+ perfect revews?

and for the people I guess being critical on the 10/10 system are bring a little too nit-picky, I think we all know that there is no perfect game, however we/reviewers judge on whether the positives outwiegh the negatives, and on TLOU the only big complaint have been seeing is the friendly AI not being noticed be the enemy AI which ND already stated they did on purpose and I actually commend them for doing so; I would've found it much more a pain in the ass if I got caught by a bunch of clicker/hunters/runners/ ect because of no fault of my own...I think the same people complaining of the lack of friendly being stealthy would be the same people complaining if they always got caught BECAUSE of the friendly AI

I never had and major problem with my 4 playthroughs that hampered my gaming expirience from the TLOU, so definitely deserves evey 10/10 it gets