By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - THE LAST OF US HAS DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Talal said:
guiduc said:
Pavolink said:
KHlover said:

Sorry to break it to you, but Super Mario Galaxy 2 actually has 42 perfect review scores. :P

That's a negligible difference though and a HUGE achievement for Naughty Dog. Congratulations to the (second) best reviewed game this generation!

Wow, and no score below 90 like the first one. Impressive.

What Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 achieved is pretty impressive. I think no game will be able to beat it now that the generation has come to and end.

Now, 10/10 doesn't mean anything. Last of Us is still rated at #25 on Gamerankings and sits at 95 on Metacritic. I don't get all this crazy talk about that game. Get over it, I think we all agree that everybody knows it's a great game. But shove it down our throat every time is a little bit too much. There won't be any game that will beat Galaxies' score.

It's a bit hypocritical to ask people to stop talking about how well TLOU is received when you (and many others) keep pointing out how the Galaxy games are better.

Well in my defence I didn't create 10+ threads praising how the game was like the second coming of Jesus. There's even people saying it's the "Citizen Kane" of gaming... that is some epic overreaction over here.

Around the Network
HesAPooka said:
JayWood2010 said:

Ohhh i get it now.  Lets ignore multiplats and praise exclusives.  Fits the internet perfectly.

Yes clearly you get it that's why you're going out of your way to specifically ignore what I am saying and twist my words ;). COnversation over, not going to bother with people who can't discuss things like adults.

Not trying to twist anything.  It is simple.  Their is better ranked games.  Fact.  Then you state an opinion to discredit that.  Any game that does above a 90 is pretty amazing so saying one game is better than another is like saying blue is better than green.  it is opinion and nothing more.

Talal said:
JayWood2010 said:
Carl2291 said:
Oh and one more thing.

GTA5 will review insanely well. Dont count out another 98, or higher...

Betting a 95+.  Doubt we will see another 98.  But i agree with your previous statement.

Have you seen Titanfall the gameplay trailer?!

Titanfall?

And yes I have seen the trailer to GTAV.  Looks amazing XD

JayWood2010 said:
guiduc said:

. There won't be any game that will beat Galaxies' score.

• GamePS3
    • Release Date: Apr 29, 2008
    • Rating: M
    • Publisher: Rockstar Games

[Metacritic's 2008 PS3 Game of the Year; Also known as "GTA IV"] What does the American Dream mean today? For Niko Belic, fresh off the boat from Europe. It's the hope he can escape his past. For...

• GameX360
    • Release Date: Apr 29, 2008
    • Rating: M
    • Publisher: Rockstar Games

[Metacritic's 2008 Xbox 360 Game of the Year; Also known as "GTA IV"] What does the American Dream mean today? For Niko Belic, fresh off the boat from Europe. It's the hope he can escape his past....

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html

Super Mario Galaxy - 97.64% based on 78 reviews

Super Mario Galazxy 2  -97.35% based on 56 reviews

Grand Theft Auto IV - 97.04 based on 60 reviews

"Success really is decided at birth, and your life will never be better than it is right now. Sorry about that."

A203D said:
Xen said:
Uncharted 2 has 39 perfect scores?
Didn't the reviewers ever play another game?

I'm not bashing on TLOU, I've yet to even try it, but it speaks volumes of the reviewers when a good/very good but still quite flawed game like Uncharted 2 has 39 perfect scores...

I also think Uncharted 2 was overrated. Personally I didn't think it was a 9/10 game.

You have to remember though its to do with timing and exclusivity.

GTA4 and MGS4 came out very early in the generation and have many perfect scores. The standard of games since then has increased. So something like Tomb Raider which I would say was on par with those games was not as highly reviewed because it came out much later.

Its also to do with exclusivity. For whatever reasons console exclusives tend to get more perfect scores. Eg God of War Ascension. They did something which was better than God of War 3 in some ways. It was about the same level as God of War 3, yet it had much weaker reviews. Its to do with timing and exclusivity imo.

Yup, exclusivity versus multiplat is also a factor... sadly. Unless the hype sweeps you away, like GTA IV... all of those are fundementally flawed, really. In fact, maybe the only three games deserving 10/10 in the history of gaming are SMB, SMB3, and Wii Sports... I can't name a single flaw for any of them... even for my absolute favorites, I have to say that they have flaws, and you gotta look at it objectively.

Reviewers should really start getting objective.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
JayWood2010 said:

First off I disagree with perfect and while TLoU is amazing and imo one of the best games ive played I would not have commented if it wasnt for the game of the gen remark seeing as we have had 9 games ranked higher this generation. Mostly multiplatform.

GTAIV - 98
Mario Glaxy - 97
Mario Galaxy 2 - 97
Bioshock - 96
Orange Box - 96
Skyrim - 96
Mass Effect 2 - 96
Uncharted 2 - 96
Batman Arkham Asylum - 96

Hmm, yeah GTA IV does NOT deserve a 98 meta. That meta score is based on hype and nothing more. We really can't trust reviews anymore these days.

Its not reviews in general. Its the scores. Dont put the weight on the score, put it on the review itself. Too many people focus on the score alone.

Find a reviewer or three who you tend to agree with. Find reviewers who generally have the same tastes that you do. Read the reviews THEY put out. 

You're right. I should have said scores, not reviews.

lol excited much? Ain't like your part of Naughty Dog or anything :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Conegamer said:
Kantor said:
I don't really understand all of this. Yes, it's an excellent game. I do think it's the PS3's best exclusive and the best game that Naughty Dog have ever made.

But it's not the be-all and end-all of gaming like all these 10/10s suggest. There are long segments where nothing really happens. The stealth tools are decidedly lacking. The friendly AI is often a bit of a mess: Ellie runs around in front of clickers and Joel gets stuck behind her when trying to take cover. Nothing it does is really groundbreaking at all.

And yet all of these flaws are ignored in 40 perfect-scored reviews.

I agree with much of this. It seems like people see the story, and the graphics, and ignore the faults.

It's still a mighty fine game, though.

I agree and yet disagree. And it isn't supposed to be ground breaking it just did the things that it was supposed to do VERY well. Ellie is not meant to be seen by the A.I it is Joel that is the focus so that's not a flaw. The graphics are not even what people look at because UC2 adn 3 look better along with KZ3 AND GOW: A so that's not the case neither. 

The is a slow, grimey, story driven game and because it DEFINITELY deliver on that front like it was supposed to do and sucks MOST(not all) players in to it ina  way that no other game before has really done is what makesit special I think. And other games have had flaws as well that's why the "perfect" scores don't mean that the game is "flawless" it just means that the flaws are SO minor compared to the rest of the game that they are not anything that can break the game really.

But as you both said the game is still VERY good either way.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Kantor said:
I don't really understand all of this. Yes, it's an excellent game. I do think it's the PS3's best exclusive and the best game that Naughty Dog have ever made.

But it's not the be-all and end-all of gaming like all these 10/10s suggest. There are long segments where nothing really happens. The stealth tools are decidedly lacking. The friendly AI is often a bit of a mess: Ellie runs around in front of clickers and Joel gets stuck behind her when trying to take cover. Nothing it does is really groundbreaking at all.

And yet all of these flaws are ignored in 40 perfect-scored reviews.

Agree here.

I found the stealth aspect pretty bad and theres no way around this when its kinda forced on you...

I must be the only person on the planet who did not like this game. meh :/

Im guessing though that the perfect scores were more for the other aspects of the game other than the actual moment to moment gameplay.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

KHlover said:

Sorry to break it to you, but Super Mario Galaxy 2 actually has 42 perfect review scores. :P

That's a negligible difference though and a HUGE achievement for Naughty Dog. Congratulations to the (second) best reviewed game this generation!

Wasn't saying it has the most perfect scores ever. I was just eagerly anticipating TLOU beating Uncharted 2's 39 perfect scores.