By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - THE LAST OF US HAS DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!

First off I disagree with perfect and while TLoU is amazing and imo one of the best games ive played I would not have commented if it wasnt for the game of the gen remark seeing as we have had 9 games ranked higher this generation. Mostly multiplatform.

GTAIV - 98
Mario Glaxy - 97
Mario Galaxy 2 - 97
Bioshock - 96
Orange Box - 96
Skyrim - 96
Mass Effect 2 - 96
Uncharted 2 - 96
Batman Arkham Asylum - 96

Around the Network

best game ever created

I don't really understand all of this. Yes, it's an excellent game. I do think it's the PS3's best exclusive and the best game that Naughty Dog have ever made.

But it's not the be-all and end-all of gaming like all these 10/10s suggest. There are long segments where nothing really happens. The stealth tools are decidedly lacking. The friendly AI is often a bit of a mess: Ellie runs around in front of clickers and Joel gets stuck behind her when trying to take cover. Nothing it does is really groundbreaking at all.

And yet all of these flaws are ignored in 40 perfect-scored reviews.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Anfebious said:
KHlover said:

Sorry to break it to you, but Super Mario Galaxy 2 actually has 42 perfect review scores. :P

That's a negligible difference though and a HUGE achievement for Naughty Dog. Congratulations to the (second) best reviewed game this generation!

There could be more perfect scores hanging around there for The last of us! Maybe they will get added, who knows! It's only 2 perfect scores away from snatching Super Mario Galaxy 2 title!

And I'll be happy if it does! Honestly, at these review score regions the scores don't mean shit anymore. If one of those games has 2 perfect scores more than the other still both games are masterpieces

Too bad it was released the same year as GTA5. After seeing the GTA trailer I can see it having a 97-99 meta.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

First off I disagree with perfect and while TLoU is amazing and imo one of the best games ive played I would not have commented if it wasnt for the game of the gen remark seeing as we have had 9 games ranked higher this generation. Mostly multiplatform.

GTAIV - 98
Mario Glaxy - 97
Mario Galaxy 2 - 97
Bioshock - 96
Orange Box - 96
Skyrim - 96
Mass Effect 2 - 96
Uncharted 2 - 96

Yea but when it came to TLOU some reviewers just wanted to watch the internet burn.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

I hate number scores period, because people don't tend to read the review itself, just see the number and get hype. :/

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

HesAPooka said:
JayWood2010 said:

GTAIV - 98
Mario Glaxy - 97
Mario Galaxy 2 - 97
Bioshock - 96
Orange Box - 96
Skyrim - 96
Mass Effect 2 - 96
Uncharted 2 - 96

Yea but when it came to TLOU some reviewers just wanted to watch the internet burn.

If that was the case you could say that about every game.  As I said, it is an amazing game but perfect scores are unrealiable.  For all these reviewers who gives any game a 10/10 are ignoring flaws.  In this case I'm going to agree with Kantor. Though I disagree with his reasons.

darkshadow23 said:
superchunk said:

I hate "perfect" scores. Nothing is perfect.

However game does look quite good tho.

I don't look at 10/10 as a "perfect" score though. There is no such thing as a flawless game. It will never exist. A game that gets a 10 is just a very good game and that is what The Last of Us is.

Exactly.  A 10/10 means that (Without nitpicking) this game is amazing and there is nearly nothing that could have seriously improved it.  The devs did a good job and showed passion and thought in every square inch.

Another example is MGS4.  I mean the amount of detail and love put into every square foot is insane!

KHlover said:
Anfebious said:
KHlover said:

Sorry to break it to you, but Super Mario Galaxy 2 actually has 42 perfect review scores. :P

That's a negligible difference though and a HUGE achievement for Naughty Dog. Congratulations to the (second) best reviewed game this generation!

There could be more perfect scores hanging around there for The last of us! Maybe they will get added, who knows! It's only 2 perfect scores away from snatching Super Mario Galaxy 2 title!

And I'll be happy if it does! Honestly, at these review score regions the scores don't mean shit anymore. If one of those games has 2 perfect scores more than the other still both games are masterpieces

Yeah totally true altough personally Super Mario Galaxy 2 deserves it a little bit more but that's because I prefer platformers xD. Anyway yeah awesome games

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"