By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the Vita a good system to buy?

Cold-Flipper said:
Ajescent said:

It does have games for it, you just have to look for them. They are not your basic overly hyped/advertised "triple A" games but there are games and lots of them.

Include ps3/4 cross overs and the Vita is taken to a whole other level.

That's good to hear. I don't care for too many of the over-hyped series.

So I could play Resident Evil 2, The Last Of Us, and Knack all on the PS Vita lag-free with no issues? 

That's what Sony's promising but we just have to wait and see if they can deliver.

Using playable ps3 games (Not all of them are) as a bench mark of what to expect, the closer you are to the system (i.e using the same network) the better it works. I was able to play Tokyo Jungle and Retro Grade flawlessly when using the same network, yet to try it from outside so I can't comment.

But on the plus side, since ps1 games are downloadable straight to the system, there will be no worries of lag or anything of the kind.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

Typically when a system has a slow sales period, its smart to wait for it to pick up before buying.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Typically when a system has a slow sales period, its smart to wait for it to pick up before buying.

Anyone else finds this logic weird? It's like everyone is waiting for everyone else to buy it before they do.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Depends on your taste for the games vita has. I always wanted demo's souls port for the vita btw

the best systemi bought until now-
i hate tv commercials eg etc than i simply turn on the vita and continue playing by just switching it on(either for another trophy or just to continue playing)
or simply a short visit in the internet without booting 45 seconds

and if you want to play games
i think you can buy more than 50 great games vita/psp/ps1 games combined(tactics ogre,ff tactics,ff7,persona4,UC ga ,wipeout 2048etc)
that should keep you busy for the next two years
and the oled screen will make great looking games even look better

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
sales2099 said:

Anyone else finds this logic weird? It's like everyone is waiting for everyone else to buy it before they do.

Nothing wrong with waiting until something is proven before buying. Early adopters have their place, but most consumers need to know that a product has longevity.

With sales comes developer support. This point alone justifies the wait.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Don't buy one until a price drop comes around.

Cold-Flipper said:
Ajescent said:
(1) What do you like and why are you interested in the Vita? (2) What do you have already and (3) what are you hoping the Vita would provide?

2) I have owned many systems in the past including the PS, PS2, and PS3. 2 of my family members had PSP's but I never had one.

Even better if you had no PSP before... there is a huge PSN library of great vita-compatible PSP titles. And some of the PSP games run better on the Vita than on the original system. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker profits much from the second stick, GTA Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories run smoother on the Vita...

The Vita is also the best way to play PS1-classics. On a big TV I can't stand the low PS1-resolution anymore, on PSP and Vita it is fine. The PS1-emulation on the Vita offers more screen options than the PS3 or PSP ... you can zoom in and out per touchscreen and hide ugly black bars of the PAL versions (for example: Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9).

Ajescent said:

That's what Sony's promising but we just have to wait and see if they can deliver.

Using playable ps3 games (Not all of them are) as a bench mark of what to expect, the closer you are to the system (i.e using the same network) the better it works. I was able to play Tokyo Jungle and Retro Grade flawlessly when using the same network, yet to try it from outside so I can't comment.

But on the plus side, since ps1 games are downloadable straight to the system, there will be no worries of lag or anything of the kind.

Why not TLOU? I'm assuming that Sony will put most PS3 games on the PS4 store for download. Wouldn't I be able to play it on Vita? Oh, TLOU is one of the non-compatible games...hopefully Sony can deliver.

NobleTeam360 said:
Don't buy one until a price drop comes around.

I don't plan on buying one until Late 2013 or Early 2014 if I do. I would expect a price cut by then but who knows?

Conina said:

The Vita is also the best way to play PS1-classics. On a big TV I can't stand the low PS1-resolution anymore, on PSP and Vita it is fine. The PS1-emulation on the Vita offers more screen options than the PS3 or PSP ... you can zoom in and out per touchscreen and hide ugly black bars of the PAL versions (for example: Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9).

That's good since PS1 classics are a big factor in buying a Vita fr me.

What EVER you do DO NOT GET A TABLET! please....I have a tablet and a Vita and they are not even in the same league when it comes to playing games, seriously when you own both which I do! you will only be gaming on one of them and it sure as hell isn't the tablet.