By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the Vita a good system to buy?

Cold-Flipper said:
brendude13 said:
You can buy and play PS1 classics without a PS3, you just download them directly to your Vita. I wouldn't say the PS1 classics library is lacking at all, especially in the US.

Also, Persona 4: Golden is a must play. One of my favourite games of all time.

That's awesome that the PS1 line-up isn't lacking. As for Persona 4? Is a Vita exclusive? I never played the 1st 3 and have no idea what the game's about but I'll check it out if I decide to get one :)

kupomogli said:

It upscales all games, so PSP PSN games, PSX, and PSP games.

Another + for the Vita then. Thanks for the response!

What PS1 games were you looking for? I'd say it has my top 10. All the Final Fantasys, Spyros, Resident Evils.

Persona 4: Golden is a Vita exclusive. It's a remake of a PS2 game with lots of extra content and refined mechanics. It's a JRPG, although I'd say you don't need to be a JRPG fan to enjoy it.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Cold-Flipper said:
brendude13 said:
You can buy and play PS1 classics without a PS3, you just download them directly to your Vita. I wouldn't say the PS1 classics library is lacking at all, especially in the US.

Also, Persona 4: Golden is a must play. One of my favourite games of all time.

That's awesome that the PS1 line-up isn't lacking. As for Persona 4? Is a Vita exclusive? I never played the 1st 3 and have no idea what the game's about but I'll check it out if I decide to get one :)

kupomogli said:

It upscales all games, so PSP PSN games, PSX, and PSP games.

Another + for the Vita then. Thanks for the response!

What PS1 games were you looking for? I'd say it has my top 10. All the Final Fantasys, Spyros, Resident Evils.

Persona 4: Golden is a Vita exclusive. It's a remake of a PS2 game with lots of extra content and refined mechanics. It's a JRPG, although I'd say you don't need to be a JRPG fan to enjoy it.

When I saw you say that it had the Spyro games, my heart filled with joy.  I fired up my VIta and there was no Spyro to be found.  Now, I'm going to go cry.  Must not be available in the U.S., yet.

I would definitely recommend purchasing one. There's a bunch of titles I plan on picking up towards the holiday season. The hardware itself is amazing.

attaboy said:
brendude13 said:

When I saw you say that it had the Spyro games, my heart filled with joy.  I fired up my VIta and there was no Spyro to be found.  Now, I'm going to go cry.  Must not be available in the U.S., yet.

There are some PS1 and PSP games that don't show up on the store but can still be bought, transferred and play from a PS3 or PC.

But still, I bought mine straight from the Vita's PS1 classics section. SCE Europe did something right.

brendude13 said:

Right now I'm mainly looking at the Capcom games (Awesome publisher back then!) such as the first 3 RE's and Dino Crisis. I'll certainly buy more but those off the top of my head. 

I'm not too familiar with RPG's...is it turn based? I only can think of Pokemon & Paper Mario off the top of my head for RPG's I've played. I never had interest in Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, or Monster Hunter so I don't know if Persona would be similar to them or not.

Around the Network
Cold-Flipper said:
brendude13 said:

Right now I'm mainly looking at the Capcom games (Awesome publisher back then!) such as the first 3 RE's and Dino Crisis. I'll certainly buy more but those off the top of my head. 

I'm not too familiar with RPG's...is it turn based? I only can think of Pokemon & Paper Mario off the top of my head for RPG's I've played. I never had interest in Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, or Monster Hunter so I don't know if Persona would be similar to them or not.

Good taste.

I think the US has all the Resident Evil and Dino Crisis games, the EU store is missing the Dino Crisis games though.

Yeah, it's turn based. You'd need to see gameplay videos to see what you're getting yourself into really.