By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will we get a FFXII HD Remaster in the near future?

Tagged games:

I am the only one interested in a FF VI HD remake? I mean, cool with the X and X-2 HD remake. And it would be nice if they remade VII and XII too. But hey... what about FF VI?

Around the Network
Wright said:

I am the only one interested in a FF VI HD remake? I mean, cool with the X and X-2 HD remake. And it would be nice if they remade VII and XII too. But hey... what about FF VI?

It'll lose much charm if it happens. Leave it exactly as it is, it's perfect. FF VII didn't age well at all.

@Galvanizer: That's still all too early for me to think of =P

Wright said:

The only remake FFVI will ever get is a port to iOS, just like FFV recently got.

I was just talking about FF a second ago. Never played FFXII the whole way through. It is still sitting on my shelf along with those... dare I meniton them... Gamecube Games. Maybe I'll spend the rest of my summer trying to get back into it. And if we are spreading all this HD remaster magic around why not bring some to Final Fantasy VI's side. Before I die I want to see Final Fantasy VI HD and guess what, it will never happen.

Xen said:
Wright said:

It'll lose much charm if it happens. Leave it exactly as it is, it's perfect. FF VII didn't age well at all.

@Galvanizer: That's still all too early for me to think of =P

It depends. You don't need to put hyper-realistic graphics or anything. Just be creative, but paying respect to the original source.

Around the Network

I'd be more up for a FFVI remake than anything. I played it after FF7, 8 and 9, so the 'charm' is a little lost but they must be so careful with any remake of the more modern titles. 6 upwards, if they do a graphical remake it must be graphical only, everything else must be the same, luckily for FFX, X-2 and XII voice acting already exists but for those games before it, it would be better if they kept the dialog boxes for example.

Hmm, pie.

Galvanizer said:

outlawauron said:
I hope not. FF12 is still very pretty and is not in need of a remake. I'd rather see just about any other older Square release get that treatment.

FFXII needs a HD Remaster because it's impossible to play it on PS3 and PS4. You can only play it on PS2 and it looks awful when upscaled in HD due to the game only running up to 480i.

I beat FF12 on my PS3 which upscaled the game rather nicely. Now, if the game included Revenant Wings and launched on PS4, then I'd be much less inclined to complain. I doubt that because if they did make it, it'd be only on PS3.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I wouldn't mind I still play Final Fantasy XII.

I'd rather have a remake of one of Squaresoft's good games. I've said before I'd like FF12 in HD so it'd push me to retry it again, but I've retried it again and put 20 hours into it the last time I've tried. I've tried to play this game four times and I've really wanted to like it. It's just a garbage game. I could never get into it.

I thought that HD remasters didn't do that much of a difference - then I played Shadow of the Colossus HD and my opinion changed.
I'll definitely buy FFX and hope for XII, as I love both games =P