By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will we get a FFXII HD Remaster in the near future?

Tagged games:

Galvanizer said:
Munkeh111 said:

But wouldn't they love to not be useless? They announced X HD about 2 years ago and wouldn't they love to have had good succesful FF games this gen? I'm going to wait for something official before I get very excited, then rapidly depressed again when I realise how long it is going to take for anything to happen

I expect FFXII HD to release in 2016, which is the game's 10th anniversary.

I've been trying to think through their release schedule, assuming that they are going to somehow co-ordinate KH and FF

2013 - KH 1.5 HD, FF X|X-2 & FF XIII-3 (both JP only)
2014 - FF X|X-2 HD and FF XIII-3 early elsewhere. Late 2014 for KH 2.5 HD and FF XV
2015 - FF XII HD and KH III
2016 - FF XVI

That's how I would do it. I think Squeenix will probably want to spread out those 2 franchises, 1 big game per year to keep their financials stable. Their other franchises aren't anywhere near as big as to effect their schedule. Keeping the flow of these sorts of games should also restore gamers' faith in them

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Galvanizer said:
Munkeh111 said:

But wouldn't they love to not be useless? They announced X HD about 2 years ago and wouldn't they love to have had good succesful FF games this gen? I'm going to wait for something official before I get very excited, then rapidly depressed again when I realise how long it is going to take for anything to happen

I expect FFXII HD to release in 2016, which is the game's 10th anniversary.

I've been trying to think through their release schedule, assuming that they are going to somehow co-ordinate KH and FF

2014 - FF X|X-2 HD and FF XIII-3 early elsewhere. Late 2014 for KH 2.5 HD and FF XV
2016 - FF XVI

That's how I would do it. I think Squeenix will probably want to spread out those 2 franchises, 1 big game per year to keep their financials stable. Their other franchises aren't anywhere near as big as to effect their schedule. Keeping the flow of these sorts of games should also restore gamers' faith in them

That makes complete logical sense, bro. I like the way you think! I really hope we get FFXVI announced by the end of 2015. My money is on a E3 2015 announcement.

Galvanizer said:
Munkeh111 said:

2016 - FF XVI

That makes complete logical sense, bro. I like the way you think! I really hope we get FFXVI announced by the end of 2015. My money is on a E3 2015 announcement.

Complete logical sense, so no way in hell it's going to happen! I've been getting a bit nostalgic about the Square Enix of old thanks to playing through KH HD Remix (towards 100%, I'm level 99 now). I wish they could bring back that brilliance. You would assume that they would want to focus on one or two games at a time AND remove the 8 year waits that we are getting used to, so yeah, maybe they'll sneak in a video after the credits of XV teasing XVI! That's what they always did with Kingdom Hearts

Munkeh111 said:
Galvanizer said:
Munkeh111 said:

2016 - FF XVI

Complete logical sense, so no way in hell it's going to happen! I've been getting a bit nostalgic about the Square Enix of old thanks to playing through KH HD Remix (towards 100%, I'm level 99 now). I wish they could bring back that brilliance. You would assume that they would want to focus on one or two games at a time AND remove the 8 year waits that we are getting used to, so yeah, maybe they'll sneak in a video after the credits of XV teasing XVI! That's what they always did with Kingdom Hearts

I'm sure a different team led by Hiroyuki Ito has been making FFXVI for a good few years now. That's why I think a E3 2015 announcement is likely.

Galvanizer said:
Munkeh111 said:

I'm sure a different team led by Hiroyuki Ito has been making FFXVI for a good few years now. That's why I think a E3 2015 announcement is likely.

I'm not familiar with the resources that are avaliable for development. I can imagine that a small number of staff have been working on it so far, but I would guess that at the moment, most staff have been working on the XIII series as I thought the development of that effectively absorbed the Versus team (which was the KH team?).

The question is how much of XV is actually real/done? If the XIII-3 team can then move onto XVI (and make it traditional...), then this will all work, but I imagine that many of them will have to work on XV

Of course, I also want some Vita games, but one thing at a time

Around the Network

My Vita is ready!! I'd love a FF XII remake together with HD Revenant Wings.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Munkeh111 said:
Galvanizer said:
Munkeh111 said:

I'm not familiar with the resources that are avaliable for development. I can imagine that a small number of staff have been working on it so far, but I would guess that at the moment, most staff have been working on the XIII series as I thought the development of that effectively absorbed the Versus team (which was the KH team?).

The question is how much of XV is actually real/done? If the XIII-3 team can then move onto XVI (and make it traditional...), then this will all work, but I imagine that many of them will have to work on XV

I think the FFXVI team were moved over to FFXIV and helped make FFXIV ARR. Now that it's been released, I'm sure the FFXVI staff have moved back to their original game.

Galvanizer said:
Munkeh111 said:

I think the FFXVI team were moved over to FFXIV and helped make FFXIV ARR. Now that it's been released, I'm sure the FFXVI staff have moved back to their original game.

Well that sounds good. They seemed to have done a good job on ARR by all accounts AND it was a traditionally styled game!

Hopefully they release an HD remake of a game that's actually good. Even though FInal Fantasy 12 has a good story, likeable characters, great graphics, level design, content, etc, combat and everything surrounding it falls flat and kills what could have been a great game.

kupomogli said:
Hopefully they release an HD remake of a game that's actually good. Even though FInal Fantasy 12 has a good story, likeable characters, great graphics, level design, content, etc, combat and everything surrounding it falls flat and kills what could have been a great game.

Sounds like an overwhelming exception fallacy to me.

You tried to convey your opinion the game isn't worth your time, but instead you mentioned dozens of things that even you think are actually good on it and failed to name what you don't like, except for a single feature.

Not the best way to convey your opinion to be honest.