By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will we get a FFXII HD Remaster in the near future?

Tagged games:

i hope they do!! Great and underrated game. Many secrets and great battles. Do it sqeeunix!!

Around the Network

2016 earliest. Could be later, but I would hope they do it at the 10 year mark like you say. I would of course buy it day one.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

outlawauron said:
Xen said:
outlawauron said:
I hope not. FF12 is still very pretty and is not in need of a remake. I'd rather see just about any other older Square release get that treatment.

SE needs the $. HD remakes are an easy way for it, and it's pretty much guaranteed that FFX/2 HD will do well. I'd expect it to happen.

I expect it to happen as well. Doesn't change my hopes though.

I wouldn't mind and HD version of FFVIII. HD remakes of earlier titles might be a problem with having to choose whether to just upgrade the visuals but keep the original look and feel or to essentially remake to game entirely with all new assets in a new engine.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

The recent news of FFXII coming to the Vita is worth bumping this thread for!

The Fury said:
Xen said:
outlawauron said:
I hope not. FF12 is still very pretty and is not in need of a remake. I'd rather see just about any other older Square release get that treatment.

SE needs the $. HD remakes are an easy way for it, and it's pretty much guaranteed that FFX/2 HD will do well. I'd expect it to happen.

They'd probably make more money if they used crystal tools to produce main series FF games with simpler graphics, more traditional gamplay mechanics with strong story and good charactisation.

Ttry and produce a game every 18 months or 2 years (different main team for each game), even yearly would be good. Get back to late 90s early 2000s when they produced 8, 9, X, XI and X-2 within a year of each other.

Think about it, 11 came out in 2002, we are in 2013 and have had 3 main series titles since... 3.

That said, FFXII was a fantastic game, it looks fantastic for PS2, it will look fantastic in HD. As long as they make it the International Version, all is good.

Pretty much agree with everything you said. If they did release XIII HD, I would definitely buy it

Around the Network
The Fury said:
I'd be more up for a FFVI remake than anything. I played it after FF7, 8 and 9, so the 'charm' is a little lost but they must be so careful with any remake of the more modern titles. 6 upwards, if they do a graphical remake it must be graphical only, everything else must be the same, luckily for FFX, X-2 and XII voice acting already exists but for those games before it, it would be better if they kept the dialog boxes for example.

Sorry to quote twice, but remaking the old games for actual consoles would be quite expensive. What they could do is remake them with high quality art and release them for iOS and Android like they are, but also on PSN for us "proper gamers" or at least PS mobile so they can be played on Vita. But I have no problem with playing the old games without any work on my Vita, since I did buy them as PS One classics. I have played VII and IX on PSP and loved them, I started VI but got distracted

Galvanizer said:

WHAT LINK WHAT WHAT WHAT?!?!??!?!?

Sorry for the triple post...

Munkeh111 said:
Galvanizer said:

It's not final, but Kitase would "love" to bring the game to Vita.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PS+Vita/Final+Fantasy+XII/news.asp?c=54489

Galvanizer said:
Munkeh111 said:
Galvanizer said:

But wouldn't they love to not be useless? They announced X HD about 2 years ago and wouldn't they love to have had good succesful FF games this gen? I'm going to wait for something official before I get very excited, then rapidly depressed again when I realise how long it is going to take for anything to happen

Munkeh111 said:
Galvanizer said:
Munkeh111 said:
Galvanizer said:

But wouldn't they love to not be useless? They announced X HD about 2 years ago and wouldn't they love to have had good succesful FF games this gen? I'm going to wait for something official before I get very excited, then rapidly depressed again when I realise how long it is going to take for anything to happen

I expect FFXII HD to release in 2016, which is the game's 10th anniversary.