By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will we get a FFXII HD Remaster in the near future?

Tagged games:

haxxiy said:
kupomogli said:
Hopefully they release an HD remake of a game that's actually good. Even though FInal Fantasy 12 has a good story, likeable characters, great graphics, level design, content, etc, combat and everything surrounding it falls flat and kills what could have been a great game.

Sounds like an overwhelming exception fallacy to me.

You tried to convey your opinion the game isn't worth your time, but instead you mentioned dozens of things that even you think are actually good on it and failed to name what you don't like, except for a single feature.

Not the best way to convey your opinion to be honest.

That "single feature," combat, is what you'll be doing around 90% of your game time.   Everything surrounding it, such as the license board, how you gain money, equipment, gambit system, etc, add to that, so it's not just one problem the game has.  Several things surrounding the combat make it worse, but the combat itself is garbage.  I've detailed the reasons I dislike it in other threads so no need to walk through it on here.  

Around the Network

It looks and runs great on PCSX2...

The main thing I'd hope they fix is pacing. There's sections where you go hours without dialogue. The combat sections has no quips etc about what they're seeing like KoToR or Dragon age. It felt too divided between combat and story sections. But, they wouldn't really change anything besides textures. The other question would be would they do the zodiac job system version or the original. The zodiac job system is more interesting but not polished because such a small team reworked the game.

There's also no one saying that the people working on FFXV or FFXVI have to be the ones working on HD ports. They could just assemble a team that's good for that to do it. It's just mostly retexturing.

kupomogli said:
Hopefully they release an HD remake of a game that's actually good. Even though FInal Fantasy 12 has a good story, likeable characters, great graphics, level design, content, etc, combat and everything surrounding it falls flat and kills what could have been a great game.

I'm sure they'll add some tweaks and additions to the battle system.