By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will we get a FFXII HD Remaster in the near future?

Tagged games:

Seeing as they haven't even started making it, I don't see it releasing till 2016 at the earliest. Funny thing is, 2016 is the 10th anniversary of FFXII. Go figure.

I need my fave JRPG in HD and running in 1080p and 100 frames per second on PS4.

Around the Network

Like SE said... the success of FFX/2 HD could pave the way to that.

Xen said:

They expect me to buy one of my most disliked FF games, just so I can get a HD Remaster of my fave FF game? Nope. I will not do it.

Galvanizer said:
Xen said:

They expect me to buy one of my most disliked FF games, just so I can get a HD Remaster of my fave FF game? Nope. I will not do it.

I'll do it for you. It happens to be my favorite FF game =D

Speaking of the statement - http://n4g.com/news/1283741/square-enix-success-for-ffx-hd-could-pave-the-way-for-more-hd-remakes-including-ffxii

If FFX (and by extension X2) does well. I plan on getting X on the Vita. I've have never played X2 since the concept never interested me back then, but I am willing to give it a go.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network
Galvanizer said:
Xen said:

FFX was better recieved than XII. Also square could push it out in a year if they really want. X remake has taken because they are reluctant to outsource so instead have a very small internal team working on it. Hopefully they outsource 12 and just do frequent quality checks

I hope not. FF12 is still very pretty and is not in need of a remake. I'd rather see just about any other older Square release get that treatment.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Probably. Square's running out of ideas.

outlawauron said:
I hope not. FF12 is still very pretty and is not in need of a remake. I'd rather see just about any other older Square release get that treatment.

SE needs the $. HD remakes are an easy way for it, and it's pretty much guaranteed that FFX/2 HD will do well. I'd expect it to happen.

Time spent on HD remakes is time I'd rather be spent making actual new games.