By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Game Will Make You Buy A Wii U?

What game will make you buy a Wii U?

X 66 13.81%

SSB 87 18.20%

Mario Kart 45 9.41%

Super Mario 3D World 21 4.39%

Star Fox U 28 5.86%

F-Zero U 12 2.51%

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze 13 2.72%

Zelda U 98 20.50%

Its gonna take more than one game 69 14.44%

Other 39 8.16%

Total:478
curl-6 said:
AndrewWK said:
curl-6 said:
Why no option for Bayonetta 2 or Pikmin 3?

I am pretty sure neither of those games are going to move systems all that much.

I dunno, there's quite a few GC-era gamers saying Pikmin 3 could make them get a Wii U. I  wouldn't lead the poll but it and Bayo 2 would garner some votes. I for one would have voted Bayo 2.

Looks like I should have put Bayonetta 2 instead of Super Mario 3D World XD, I can't believe that's at 0 votes.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
curl-6 said:
AndrewWK said:
curl-6 said:

I am pretty sure neither of those games are going to move systems all that much.

I dunno, there's quite a few GC-era gamers saying Pikmin 3 could make them get a Wii U. I  wouldn't lead the poll but it and Bayo 2 would garner some votes. I for one would have voted Bayo 2.

Looks like I should have put Bayonetta 2 instead of Super Mario 3D World XD, I can't believe that's at 0 votes.

I lot of people found 3D World to look very disappointingly uninspired coming after the Mario Galaxy games. I'm not surprised it hasn't gathered any votes yet, if people wanted that type of game they would have already got a system for NSMBU, haha.

Already bought one.. Waiting for Metroid, Zelda, and maybe a Paper Mario.. if they make it with RPG elements.. oh and yeah.. Fire Emblem on the Wii U would rock.. also port over Dragonquest already.. hell that game alone might move some systems..

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

Busted said:

A third person action RPG where all of the mushroom kingdom guys are kidnapped by an ancient alien who wants to research mario's ability to use power up's and use it on his army to take over the universe, Bowser's life is shallow because now he doesn't have a reason to live (kidnap Peach) and someone else stole his job so is now his responsibility to travel through space and time gathering information, new powers and allies to be able to take down the alien overlord, now RESCUE Peach and inevitably Mario and crew, and return things back to how they've always been. That would make me buy a Wii U.

i actually really like the sound of that.

anyway; there is one title that would get me to start saving for one, but it's not happening.  And, alot of people would hate the idea of it, no matter how good it was.  A starfox that plays like a combination of army of 2 and starhawk.  A co-op cover system 3rd person shooter with falco, wolf, slippy, and fox and sections where it would be key to obtain a vehicle(s) and other portions where there are hidden vehicles you can take advantage of IF you find them.   otherwise it will take a multitude of games.   ex.  bayonetta 1 &2, x, smash, 3dmario world, shadow of the eternals, zelda, metroid, pikmin 3, a new action ip, and honestly about 5-10 awesome 2nd or 3rd party titles.

curl-6 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
curl-6 said:

Because I only had a certain number of slots, if I had more then i would have included those, but there's other.

Fair enough.

I actually think people are underestimating Pikmin 3's system selling ability. I've heard a number of GC-era gamers say they'll get a Wii U for it. Plus it'll feel all the sweeter after this long drought.

I already own one but I did buy the damn thing assuming pikmin 3 would have released closer to the launch...I was actually gonna hold off but nsmbu recieved better than I was expecting reviews and word of mouth even though people bag it now...

I'm actually getting sick of some of nintendo's big franchises though, so I'd have to say pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2 (big fan of the original) and wonderful 101...

If I didn't own one already, I would probably be likely coerced by Tropical Freeze as well. I think there's no single game that stands out in the u's upcoming lineup but collectively there is a good library on the horizon...(I caved and ordered a ps4 the other day...I pray it doesn't suffer the same fate)

Around the Network

Wind Waker HD in October.

But Pikmin and Wonderful 101 also played a little part in that decision.

It's between Donkey Kong and Mario Kart for me. There are Wii U exclusives that are out already that i want but those two games would make it enough to justify a Wii U.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Any game that will make them cut the price of the system to $150.

all of them

AnthonyW86 said:
Any game that will make them cut the price of the system to $150.

stupidity is amazing