By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pet peeve with video games of the day!

Wright said:
Michael-5 said:
Wright said:

When any JRPG without random battles (I mean, you can spot the enemies before starting a fight) places the foes on certain spots that you can't avoid.

Mines just the opposite. Sometimes I need to look around for a specific item and I get "punished" by multiple random encounters. At least when you can see enemies, once they are all dead, temporarily, they are all gone.

---

My Pet Peeve: RPG's with random battles and no repel item like in Pokemon.

But, for example, there was an item in Lost Odyssey that made you repel enemies for certain amount of time, if I don't recall wrong. The problem with, for example, Vesperia, is that you can use that item too, but it's virtually useless if you plan on get the things of chests, or walk through a very narrow dungeon.

They're both pet peeves, though.

I haven't played Lost Odyssey in years, if there was a repel like item, I don't think it was as readily available as repel in Pokemon. Haven't finished Vesperia, it's on my TDL for the year.

I think any JRPG which forces you to do battles when you're over-leveled in annoying. Right now I'm playing Lunar for PSP, and it doesn't have random battles, enemies are visible, but often block your way. I wish I could just run right past them, they give so little exp in return, and the game is too easy as it is.

Yet XenoBlade had visible enemies, which rarely blocked the way, and that was nice.

---

P.S. Speaking of Lost Odyssey, the Treasure Trove achievement. 2 chests are not purchasable in Port Town, and missible. I must have missed one of them, despite beating the game with a treasure chest guide because I don't have anything available in Port Town. Now I don't have 1,100/1,100 for this game, which is a shame .....Still have over 1,000 thanks to DLC though, great game.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Unnecessary battles just to pad the game.

Random...battle...encounters. It's not so much of a pet peeve, though. More like an intense burning hatred that threatens to consume me.

VGPolyglot said:
When you can't pause cutscenes.

In terms of annoyance , this is absolutely nothing compared to not being able to skip said cutscene.

Waves of enemies in games where it doesn't make sense for there to be, such as Uncharted or The Last of Us.

Around the Network

Generic music and or lack of music

Unstable framerates. Next gen, please don't disappoint me.

I also don't like it when a game reloads from 10 seconds before you died.

Tutorials. I f'n HATE tutorials.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

random battle encounters, like in the early Final Fantasy games and other RPGs. They annoy me. In Pokemon its okay, because sometimes they can be avoided, and because its Pokemon.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Unrealistic overconfident enemies in games. In Batman after you completely own all the big enemies that were scared of them. Are still like "I'm Gonna kill you batman!". Or like in Uncharted they sent like idk 1000 enemies at you and yet they still think they can kill you.