By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pet peeve with video games of the day!

Today my number one pet peeve with video games is when they wont start up all the way to the main menu, unless you press start to confirm you understand the autosave feature.... this is just dumb. What are you pet peeves that games have?

Around the Network

When you can't pause cutscenes.

When any JRPG without random battles (I mean, you can spot the enemies before starting a fight) places the foes on certain spots that you can't avoid.

tacked on features and missions

load times

Around the Network

When certain games make you watch the cutscene and not be able to skip it. This gets rather annoying on multiple play throughs.

Any map layout which seems to be intentionally designed to get me lost. Buildings and cities are usually built to be easy to navigate, not difficult.

Wright said:

When any JRPG without random battles (I mean, you can spot the enemies before starting a fight) places the foes on certain spots that you can't avoid.

Mines just the opposite. Sometimes I need to look around for a specific item and I get "punished" by multiple random encounters. At least when you can see enemies, once they are all dead, temporarily, they are all gone.

---

My Pet Peeve: RPG's with random battles and no repel item like in Pokemon.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

The save point or checkpoint that starts before a boss fight. Even if skippable, we just saw it and want to just kill the cheating bastard that killed us. Games need to stop this.

Oh, and all of Fi. She's just a big repeating cutscene. How about use the system clock to determin when Fi should repeat the info dumps with catching a bug. Say I stopped playing for 5 months. Repeat them when I come back. Not every start up.

Probbaly another is the company logo's. They're too freaking long. They don't even hide the load times. The game loads AFTER they finish displaying. This needs to be skippable. Or how about only viewable during the first startup only. Then it just boots to the main menu.

Michael-5 said:
Wright said:

Mines just the opposite. Sometimes I need to look around for a specific item and I get "punished" by multiple random encounters. At least when you can see enemies, once they are all dead, temporarily, they are all gone.

---

My Pet Peeve: RPG's with random battles and no repel item like in Pokemon.

But, for example, there was an item in Lost Odyssey that made you repel enemies for certain amount of time, if I don't recall wrong. The problem with, for example, Vesperia, is that you can use that item too, but it's virtually useless if you plan on get the things of chests, or walk through a very narrow dungeon.

They're both pet peeves, though.