By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - finally bought a PS Vita and i think it's...

Buy Persona 4, it will keep you busy forever

Around the Network

I want to get a Vita, but since I'm saving up for a PS4 I don't have the money.

It is a nifty little device. Sadly, the appeal sorta wore off for me after a few months when I ran out of games to play, but from a pure HW perspective it's highly impressive.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Yeah i bought it about 2 weeks ago and it's awesome. The only bad thing to me is the battery life but that applies to everything these days (even the 3DS!) I'm thinking about buying the portable charger though. Got it with Uncharted and Assassin's Creed. But also have motorstorm RC, Wipeout 2048 and Little Big Planet. All excellent games. I look to buy many more games soon. But actual Vita games on their own are abit lacklustre right now, however it really holds it's own when backed up with the PSN. PS1, PSP, PSM and indie games all work on it, with full PS4 remote play support in the future. But the thing i love most about Vita is that i can play it outside and don't have squint at the screen. Because of OLED, i can see what i'm doing in the game easily in direct sunlight.

It really is incredible hardware and has great potential which hasn't been used yet unfortunately. Sony, don't allow this to become a Dreamcast.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the vita is my favorite handheld ever, but I still am hooked to 3DS thanks to games like Fire Emblem
The vita is much more comfy and has more buttons than the 3DS , the main screen (top screen) needs to be bigger, which is what they've done with XL , but I own the normal version, the bottom screen is pretty ancient stuff, it can be unresponsive sometimes and barely get used, since i prefer buttons, the "3D" is something i would have done without to be honest.

as for the Vita the back touch thing is barely used, and when it is used its rather gimmicky, even the front touch screen is barely used by me since its just a lot faster to just press a button rather than "Swipe" or "Tap", the Vita is really underrated and I personally would like more games on it than games on PS4, since we are only getting sequels and sequels on consoles these days.

Around the Network

PS4 remote play is its biggest and most important feature for me, can't wait to try it out (hopefully very little latency)

Playing PS1 classics on Vita has given it a new lease of life for me recently.

As someone who doesn't mind replaying old games, between PS1 classics/PSP games and the stream of Vita titles, it's an excellent device.

But if you were just waiting to play new Vita titles... well, it might be a bit of a rough ride for you. Which is a shame.

I hope the console finds its feet. It does deserve it as a piece of hardware but sadly Sony themselves seem to think otherwise given their efforts towards it.

BasilZero said:
pezus said:
It's such a great shame that the game support isn't better. I would buy Vita in an instant if they release a proper GTA on it, or GT, or something that surprises me. Maybe Tearaway will be that game, I do not know. They also need to drop the price a bit.

An FF game would be awesome - not a port or a enhanced remake though of a old FF game that was released on consoles. I would love to see a remake of Before Crisis FFVII though that was rumored to be developed for the PSP.

I want to see a party-based Dissidia. Enough of this assist stuff, with the Vita's power you can let me just have an insane brawl of awesome.

Kresnik said:

This is actually true for me as well. I never repurchased any PS1 classics on my PS3 but for some reason they just fit the Vita really well.

Kresnik said:

As someone who doesn't mind replaying old games, between PS1 classics/PSP games and the stream of Vita titles, it's an excellent device.

Is that, in your opinion, worth the upgrade, though? I'd love to get a Vita, but it just doesn't make any sense.

I have a PSP with three memory cards and about eight UMD games (and as many PS1 Classics). Replacing this stuff on PSN will cost a hefty arm and a leg. About $400, to be exact. Assuming I can find really good trade-in values, I might spend $300 net.

Heck, I can't even replace some of them. Star Ocean isn't on PSN.