By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - finally bought a PS Vita and i think it's...

Vita has a great life ahead of it. As a handheld gaming device it has a lot going for it, not just in dedicated games but in interactivity with PS4 and Gaikai, along with smartphone capabilities. $250 is just a lot for people not knowing what value they are getting. A 4gb card isn't much but still allows you to do everything on the system with a little memory management. Once the price drops things will get even better.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network

Get Muramasa Rebirth. its lot of fun.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Congratulations you bought the best handheld console ever made.

I love the Vita, dat gorgeous screen...loves me Oled, congrats on picking up an awesome handheld.

Recently my bro who owns a Vita also picked up a 3DS XL....man that screen looks bad, low rez destroys the image quality, but man the black levels are poor and colours seems washed out...overall the screen just sucks...yeah 3rd works but the sacrifice wasn't worth it.

The PSvita OS is snappy, and can multi-task quite well, not as well as a smart-phone, but well enough that it doesn't hinder you on a gaming platform....the 3DS XL...what a slow ass OS, it's multi-tasking is...shite, It's like using a smart phone for the longest of times and then using a nokia3210, sure the primary function is the same, but the experience isn't.

I was skeptical at first about the dual mini analogue sticks, but after playing Uncharted golden abyss and resistance burning skies, the sticks almost as good as the DS3 sticks....the 3DS slider, it's better than the PSP but man the dead zone is huge.

The 3DS XL like the Vita looks dam sexy with that gun metal look (I think) but as soon as I opened it...it was all disappointment, honestly, the only thing the 3DS has going for it is games and the fact that it's cheaper than the vita.

Pitty to be honest, the PSvita is an awesome piece of kit, with some really good games, it truly should have more sales, but then again the PSvita is coming up against the king of the handheld market Nintendo, and despite the 3DS's inferior hardware, OS, and the fucked launched, the legacy of Nintendo's name in the handheld market kept it afloat and kept it doing well...but Sony isn't one to give up so easily, and the PSvita will live and have great games and with the release of the PS4 all that remoteplay goodness will make the PSvita even more awesome.

My 2 cents.

I would recommend going out and getting a 32 GB memory card even if pricey and PS+ will help you enjoy your system even more.

Around the Network
cmeese47 said:
I would recommend going out and getting a 32 GB memory card even if pricey and PS+ will help you enjoy your system even more.

Yep, good idea.

I've had 32GB since day 1, and I can tell ya, with PS+ it filles up quick, I've had to delete some stuff already.

Egann said:
Kresnik said:
Playing PS1 classics on Vita has given it a new lease of life for me recently.

As someone who doesn't mind replaying old games, between PS1 classics/PSP games and the stream of Vita titles, it's an excellent device.

Is that, in your opinion, worth the upgrade, though? I'd love to get a Vita, but it just doesn't make any sense.

I have a PSP with three memory cards and about eight UMD games (and as many PS1 Classics). Replacing this stuff on PSN will cost a hefty arm and a leg. About $400, to be exact. Assuming I can find really good trade-in values, I might spend $300 net.

Heck, I can't even replace some of them. Star Ocean isn't on PSN.

Sad thing is, atleast the second game used to be there @_@.  I personally just use my PSP for those UMD games I can't rebuy.  I'm actually using my PSP for the 3 Legend of Heroes game brought over by Namco.  Trails in the Sky I bought digitally.

been enjoying this device since feb. of 2012... welcome to the VITA world...

SnowPrince said:
Vita is a satisfying device, which unfortunatly doesn't have a lot of system sellers to appeal to gamers. But once someone buys the hardware, he just keeps buying software because it looks incredible on it.

Great point.  I bet the attach rate on Vita is very good.

Glad you're enjoying your Vita.  Your Forum topic was a great hook as I was hoping you'd like it.  Spread the word!  It's a great handheld.

Glad you enjoy it :) I think its better than my Ps3 bar the fact that the game support isnt hardly as good.