By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - finally bought a PS Vita and i think it's...

very very awesome handheld i been on the fence about getting the vita for a while and decided just do it and i am super happy with it, the hardware is a sleek solid design doesnt weigh much but feels sturdy, comftorible and it has a nice cosmetic look to it. Touch screen is very responsive and looks very sharp and clean. Love how i can customize it how ever i want, background,colors move apps around. Great graphics and fast OS, browser is very speedy too. overall its a great under appreciated handheld i will get alot of use out of the vita and 3ds. Picked up LBP and sly cooper for it.

the downside is memory cards can be a bit expensive, the vita doesnt have a huge library of games just yet but hopefully that changes.

I would highly reccomend the vita to anyone on the fence like i was, you will surely be happy with it.

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

Around the Network

Vita in my opinion is the best handheld ever created. The library leaves a lot to be desired but the machine itself is the only one that I don't feel uncomfortable with. All other handhelds drive me up the wall.

Nice! Sales this week should be up 1% then :D

Vita is a satisfying device, which unfortunatly doesn't have a lot of system sellers to appeal to gamers. But once someone buys the hardware, he just keeps buying software because it looks incredible on it.

Yup. It was the same with me.

Its a really good handheld. Actually i wish i could play my 3DS games on the Vita. xD

Around the Network

The machine itself is good especially for its value, but in this day and age the UI and functionality of the average 7'' or 8'' Tablet is better.

As for the games, its not looking great. No amount of psp titles and PSO games can make up for this. Still good you picked it up, it deserves better sales than its getting. 

Having said that, I don't see myself ever getting one. I just don't think handheld gaming is justified when tablet gaming is a much better deal. 

foodfather said:

The machine itself is good especially for its value, but in this day and age the UI and functionality of the average 7'' or 8'' Tablet is better.

As for the games, its not looking great. No amount of psp titles and PSO games can make up for this. Still good you picked it up, it deserves better sales than its getting. 

Having said that, I don't see myself ever getting one. I just don't think handheld gaming is justified when tablet gaming is a much better deal. 

How is it a better deal? It has terrible controls and no Sony exclusives.

Having that brick in your hands for long sessions must be so confortable aswell. /rollseyes

Face it, tablets and phones are only good for short casual games. They are not viable gaming platforms.

It should be noted that the battery life is superb. If I have my vita on with no game/app running the battery stays fully charged. So it's there if I feel like playing it weeks later. If I'm playing a game in spurts it usually lasts me a few days.

Glad you like it! I can't put mine down. It is my favorite handheld thus far. I've been playing Oddworld Stranger, Soul Sacrifice and a few PSP games from PS+. I have yet to touch games such as Gravity Rush and Zero Escape, both of which I hear are great titles. It's a great system and it complements the 3DS quite well, in my opinion.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Awesome that your liking it, I only just stared playing my Vita again after a while