By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

RE4 or LoU?

RE4 185 29.98%

LoU 331 53.65%

Haven't played both games 66 10.70%

Undecided 34 5.51%

Total:616
arcelonious said:

I really enjoyed Resident Evil 4, particularly for its gameplay and design. It obviously was an important title for the third-person shooter genre, and for that alone, is noteworthy.

However, in regards to story, characters, cinematic presentation, and the exploration of human emotion in video gaming, The Last of Us is simply on a different level in this regard, while still offering a good combination of TPS, stealth, and survival mechanics.

Overall, both games are deserving of recognition, but in very different ways. I think RE 4 was important for its impact on a game genre, whereas TLOU is sort of a milestone in video game storytelling and game presentation.

This

Around the Network

I don't see TLOU in the same category as RES4 but I should re play it again.

One zombie/infected game is similar to another... great observation.

TLOU destroy it, in every possible way...

offtopic: LOU is sold out in my country, in every place, every store, just, SOLD OUT...

this is playstation land..

eres el unico que puede tomar la desicion que nadie mas puede... la correcta

for re4 was more impactfull to the industry at its release and tlou isnt nearly as TPS as RE4 tlou is more stealthy

although for me re4 is not at the top of the list for RE games but compared to tlou for me re4 has more horror element, better/scarier environments, has multiple boss battles (which for me is a plus in any game as we've seen this die out the last few gens) and is a more longer game than tlou

for this poll i would say RE4 because im comparing the games as they were released for there time if i were to compare them as if i was playing them both today then tlous wins

Play Me

Around the Network

TLOU is in it's own league, as a survival-horror game & as story/script/mature dialogue it's above RE4 by a mile, there is no game to be compared with it atm & it will be very hard imo to even exist one in the far future, let's see now what The Evil Within have for us it will be good for sure but I doubt it will be TLOU-quality good.

Last of Us Narrative is way better... but, I've beaten RE4 a bazillion times and modded it to death. So Re4.

They are both survival horror that isn't really scary. Tense yes, scary, notta.

Last of Us because I have never gotten over that damn grid based invenory system of RE4!!!

Resident Evil 4 was one of the best games of the 6th generation which had some 10 games that weren't matched by anything released since 2006 TBH. IMO.

The Last of Us is excellent, and I have no doubt that it'll remain the best exclusive of 2013. However, Resident Evil 4 is one of my three favourite games of all time.