By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

RE4 or LoU?

RE4 185 29.98%

LoU 331 53.65%

Haven't played both games 66 10.70%

Undecided 34 5.51%

Total:616

there completly different games story wise. Sure they share a couple of things,but I once never thought of resident evil 4,when playing the last of us. lol

Around the Network
d0nni3 said:
Wright said:
AZWification said:
Wright said:
AZWification said:

No.

Then how could you answer "Yes" in the first question?

Because you are the only one  so far that thinks the game is atrocious in this thread.

You've got a point there.

You're not the only one, hated RE4. It was the start of the downfall of what was once a great franchise and whats left of it now has destroyed what reputation the title held in my eyes.

I'd say RE4 saved the series. It was growing stagnant, held back by conventions like awkward fixed camera angles, RE4 pushed in into the 21st century. It was RE5 that ruined everything.

curl-6 said:
d0nni3 said:
Wright said:
AZWification said:
Wright said:
AZWification said:

No.

Then how could you answer "Yes" in the first question?

Because you are the only one  so far that thinks the game is atrocious in this thread.

You've got a point there.

You're not the only one, hated RE4. It was the start of the downfall of what was once a great franchise and whats left of it now has destroyed what reputation the title held in my eyes.

I'd say RE4 saved the series. It was growing stagnant, held back by conventions like awkward fixed camera angles, RE4 pushed in into the 21st century. It was RE5 that ruined everything.

True, RE5 brought nothing new to the table except pretty graphics and coop (which defeats the purpose of a survival horror game).  It retread much of what RE4 did (same areas) and was much shorter.  The health and ammo system was garbage and don't get me started on shiva's AI.

actually stupidity ruined RE. they made it more for western gamers. FAIL!

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Although alan wake is slightly different. Alan wake wasnway better than re4. Way betternstory, controls and grapphics.

Played through 2 hours of last of us andnits pretty awesome so far. Just got upnto where you meet clickers for first time.

Around the Network

RE4 vs LoU = Justin Bieber vs Vin Diesel

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

angelocp said:
TLOU destroy it, in every possible way...

offtopic: LOU is sold out in my country, in every place, every store, just, SOLD OUT...

this is playstation land..

An employee at my local WalMart told me they get roughly 20 copies a day, and they sell out before the end of the morning, every day. The game is selling like hot cakes, he said.

Side by side the last of us is better then RE4 because the game came out way earlier.

For their time both of them were the pinnacle of what gaming had to offer.

You may argue that game's are just as good as them, but saying a game is better quality than the Last of Us, I think would be very hard to reason.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

I voted The Last Of Us as I believe is a better game, but RE4 is also one of the best games ever made, though my favorite RE is 5 (weird huh??)

SlayerRondo said:
 saying a game is better quality than the Last of Us, I think would be very hard to reason.

Not really. Granted I haven't played the entirety of TLOU, but it's quite easy to point to pacing and the action-lull balance as areas of advantage for RE4, so an argument for RE4 wouldn't be hard to reason.