By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GTA V to be on 2 discs, no disk swapping required !

disc are not essential period... and they a really poor way to transport data.... the only advantage it has over other solution is price.... I'd much rather have games on USB3 thumbstick than any form of disc past present or future.... or all DD but people are not ready apparently.... *sigh* *look up to the sky*

Around the Network
endimion said:
disc are not essential period... and they a really poor way to transport data.... the only advantage it has over other solution is price.... I'd much rather have games on USB3 thumbstick than any form of disc past present or future.... or all DD but people are not ready apparently.... *sigh* *look up to the sky*

I wish games came on SD cards or anything similar to what DS/3DS/ Vita games come on. So much smaller and compact. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

yeap same here... went to my parents this week to take care of the pets while they are gone brought the XB with me and wanted to take a good bunch of games since I like to have options.... but not enough room in the suitcase.... well so I took out some cloths :P
but damn that'd be nice to have like a bunch of 32GB drives with games on it I could put like all my collection in my computer bag

Mr Puggsly said:

Actually you can use two 32GB flash drives.

I wish MS would just let us use external hard drives for downloads on the 360. You can use an external hard drive for downloads on the X1.

I was looking for that, I thought they had recently upgraded it, but I could find a conformation.

So it will format the two 32GB for a total of 64GB?  Thanks for the tip.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Mr Puggsly said:
the2real4mafol said:

Also, i don't think many of the PS3 exclusives would have been as good if it weren't for blu-ray. In fact, i think blu-ray is more necessary than ever before. I mean even Microsoft is adopting it with the next console. In the long term, it was more than worth it.  

Prove PS3 exlcusives wouldn't be as good if they were on DVDs. Oh right, you cant.

Bluray still isn't required for the next gen. We could install games off DVDs. But it makes sense to use Bluray now because its cheap technology.

Video quality is way better on many PS3 version of the games, just saying. Some games on X360 have horrible video compression to make it fit in the disc. Lost Odyssey, FFXIII, Dante's Inferno, Castlevania Lords of Shadow and others come to mind. I also remember very clearly From Software said they had to make some sacrifices on the Dark Souls version for 360.  

Uncharted games are not possible on multiple discs, same for God of War III and Ascension, same for Killzone 2, and Gran Turismo 5 or 6 let's not even bother, just not possible on DVD. MGS4 is not possible on DVD either. 

I remember when I beat Tales of Vesperia on 360. It surprised me all the missing voiceovers it had after a certain point in the game. Very wishy-washy, they had to cut down on the spoken dialog because it didn't fit on the disc.

No disc swapping is so 2006.

Around the Network

once again disc should have never existed in the first place..... but you can play any game on DVD... heck it could be on old school floppy disc and still work as long as you have an HDD to install it to.... using disc is plain stupid beside an economical advantage.... whether it is a CD a DVD a BR..... and playing from disc is even more stupid....

the DVD vs BR argument is plain uber stupid.... both solution are retarded in this century.... granted BR has the edge in capacity.... once again we'd be better off with all DD or other forms of flash memory than anything ever invented on a versatile disc.....

mutantclown said:

Video quality is way better on many PS3 version of the games, just saying. Some games on X360 have horrible video compression to make it fit in the disc. Lost Odyssey, FFXIII, Dante's Inferno, Castlevania Lords of Shadow and others come to mind. I also remember very clearly From Software said they had to make some sacrifices on the Dark Souls version for 360.  

Uncharted games are not possible on multiple discs, same for God of War III and Ascension, same for Killzone 2, and Gran Turismo 5 or 6 let's not even bother, just not possible on DVD. MGS4 is not possible on DVD either. 

I remember when I beat Tales of Vesperia on 360. It surprised me all the missing voiceovers it had after a certain point in the game. Very wishy-washy, they had to cut down on the spoken dialog because it didn't fit on the disc.

I played all those games on 360 you mentioned and I didn't think any of them had particularly bad video quality. Eitherway, that didn't ruin the experience. So it doesn't prove Bluray was essential.

From Software had to make sacrifices? Well it couldn't have been a storage issue. The 360 Demand download is under 4GB. The PS3 disc image seems to be about 5GB.

Tales of Vesperia is 5.5GB on the 360. There was still a lot of free space that could have went to voice overs. And lets not forget multiple discs is always an option.

Uncharted, Killzone, and MGS4 are all linear games would fit in a single or multiple DVDs (depending on the quality of FMVs). Forza 3/4 have the game on a disc and extra cars to install on another disc. The same could be done with GT.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
mutantclown said:

I played all those games on 360 you mentioned and I didn't think any of them had particularly bad video quality. Eitherway, that didn't ruin the experience. So it doesn't prove Bluray was essential.

From Software had to make sacrifices? Well it couldn't have been a storage issue. The 360 Demand download is under 4GB. The PS3 disc image seems to be about 5GB.

Tales of Vesperia is 5.5GB on the 360. There was still a lot of free space that could have went to voice overs. And lets not forget multiple discs is always an option.

Uncharted, Killzone, and MGS4 are all linear games would fit in a single or multiple DVDs (depending on the quality of FMVs). Forza 3/4 have the game on a disc and extra cars to install on another disc. The same could be done with GT.

Yeah, everything has a solution....downgrading the quality and the accessability. 

mutantclown said:

Yeah, everything has a solution....downgrading the quality and the accessability. 

The quality difference wasn't big enough to justify a $600 price tag. Which is why Sony chased so many people to the 360. Did they expect sharper video and no disc swaps to win people over?

So DVDs downgrade accessibility? I'm not sure what that means...

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
mutantclown said:

The quality difference wasn't big enough to justify a $600 price tag. Which is why Sony chased so many people to the 360. Did they expect sharper video and no disc swaps to win people over?

So DVDs downgrade accessibility? I'm not sure what that means...

Yeah, DVDs downgrade accessibity, it downgrades games in general. $600 was pricey at the time but still worh it, future proof machine all around, high quality build. It paid off to include Blu-ray, not only it saved the format from the doom Microsoft so vehemently tried to send it to (both of them, actually, even when they "supported" HD-DVD), it also allowed some of the best games of this generation, experiences that wouldn't be the same at all without it, even if 90% of them were 1st party titles.