By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GTA V to be on 2 discs, no disk swapping required !

what's funny is to see people saying things like "HD dvd" or HDD not being mandatory hold back the XB and saying BR was essential for PS3 and at the same time you see people complaining about kinect 2....

this is just priceless.... this explains why MS shouldn't chose the same path they did with the HD dvd drive.... and at the same time if you do the math you saved 200 bucks with a 360 at launch compared to PS3 so now you can spend 100 more on XB1 than the PS4 and you still saved 100 bucks if you are a current customer... anyway this little back and forth argument just proves one thing.... don't ever listen to the customer if you want to push a format or a product.... 200 bucks didn't kill the PS3 a 100 won't kill the XB1.... and discs are uber lame :P

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
green_sky said:

It is okay. It happens. Just like PS2 held back xbox and gamecube. Mostly xbox though. 

Here's why your argument doesn't hold any water.

The most visually impressive original Xbox games looked much better than PS2 games.

To the contrary, the most visually impressive PS3 games are about at par with 360 games.

The 360 isn't holding back PS3 exclusives. So why don't they look much better if at all than 360 games?

Yeah because the last of us or uncharted 3 doesn't look any better than Halo 4! Really? You know you are wrong

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Here's why your argument doesn't hold any water.

The most visually impressive original Xbox games looked much better than PS2 games.

To the contrary, the most visually impressive PS3 games are about at par with 360 games.

The 360 isn't holding back PS3 exclusives. So why don't they look much better if at all than 360 games?

Yeah because the last of us or uncharted 3 doesn't look any better than Halo 4! Really? You know you are wrong

What part of "at par" don't you get? Even if you feel TLoU or Uncharted 3 are the best looking games of the 7th gen, they don't look beyond the 360 capabilities. A port on 360 would look much the same.

When I take into consideration Halo 4's highly detailed graphics, large environments, and many character models on screen, I don't feel TLoU or U3 looks better than Halo 4. My guess is you're another person that came to a conclusion without playing much Halo 4.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

mutantclown said:
Mr Puggsly said:
the2real4mafol said:

Also, i don't think many of the PS3 exclusives would have been as good if it weren't for blu-ray. In fact, i think blu-ray is more necessary than ever before. I mean even Microsoft is adopting it with the next console. In the long term, it was more than worth it.  

Prove PS3 exlcusives wouldn't be as good if they were on DVDs. Oh right, you cant.

Bluray still isn't required for the next gen. We could install games off DVDs. But it makes sense to use Bluray now because its cheap technology.

Video quality is way better on many PS3 version of the games, just saying. Some games on X360 have horrible video compression to make it fit in the disc. Lost Odyssey, FFXIII, Dante's Inferno, Castlevania Lords of Shadow and others come to mind. I also remember very clearly From Software said they had to make some sacrifices on the Dark Souls version for 360.  

Uncharted games are not possible on multiple discs, same for God of War III and Ascension, same for Killzone 2, and Gran Turismo 5 or 6 let's not even bother, just not possible on DVD. MGS4 is not possible on DVD either. 

I remember when I beat Tales of Vesperia on 360. It surprised me all the missing voiceovers it had after a certain point in the game. Very wishy-washy, they had to cut down on the spoken dialog because it didn't fit on the disc.

No disc swapping is so 2006.

regarding Tales of Vesp.  How would you know what voices were missing when no other version was or has been translated?

and skyrim has only 3.8gb disc size plus there is around 100 hours of gameplay and full voices,  very certain there are more lines of dialogue than vesperia.

Mr Puggsly said:
RolStoppable said:
Another victory for Blu-ray.

Which will still have a mandatory install on PS3.

More like another victory for mandatory installs.

because all those arcade owners have 8gb usb sticks...

Around the Network
piggychan said:
mutantclown said:
Mr Puggsly said:
the2real4mafol said:

Also, i don't think many of the PS3 exclusives would have been as good if it weren't for blu-ray. In fact, i think blu-ray is more necessary than ever before. I mean even Microsoft is adopting it with the next console. In the long term, it was more than worth it.  

Prove PS3 exlcusives wouldn't be as good if they were on DVDs. Oh right, you cant.

Bluray still isn't required for the next gen. We could install games off DVDs. But it makes sense to use Bluray now because its cheap technology.

Video quality is way better on many PS3 version of the games, just saying. Some games on X360 have horrible video compression to make it fit in the disc. Lost Odyssey, FFXIII, Dante's Inferno, Castlevania Lords of Shadow and others come to mind. I also remember very clearly From Software said they had to make some sacrifices on the Dark Souls version for 360.  

Uncharted games are not possible on multiple discs, same for God of War III and Ascension, same for Killzone 2, and Gran Turismo 5 or 6 let's not even bother, just not possible on DVD. MGS4 is not possible on DVD either. 

I remember when I beat Tales of Vesperia on 360. It surprised me all the missing voiceovers it had after a certain point in the game. Very wishy-washy, they had to cut down on the spoken dialog because it didn't fit on the disc.

No disc swapping is so 2006.

regarding Tales of Vesp.  How would you know what voices were missing when no other version was or has been translated?

and skyrim has only 3.8gb disc size plus there is around 100 hours of gameplay and full voices,  very certain there are more lines of dialogue than vesperia.

LMAO, not even close. 100 hours of gameplay? the Skyrim storyline can be finished in less than 10 hours LMAO. Tales of Vesperia has TONS of dialogue, it just couldn't fit in an archaic DVD.

mutantclown said:

LMAO, not even close. 100 hours of gameplay? the Skyrim storyline can be finished in less than 10 hours LMAO. Tales of Vesperia has TONS of dialogue, it just couldn't fit in an archaic DVD.

those tons of dialogue mostly occur either at skits or during important cut scenes.  and most of the hours are spent on grinding levels.