By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - George Zimmerman Trial

DJEVOLVE said:
Tigerlure said:
roam said:

I wonder what would the situation be if the individuals were reversed. How many would support Trayvons right to stand his ground. He was stalked, harassed, and attacked by some guy who did end up killing him. What is the likelihood Zimmerman would have actually died if the fight continued? Seems pretty small since his wounds were only superficial. And clearly Trayvon was fighting for his life since hes now dead.

The thing is, we'll never truly know who started the fight. I don't believe Zimmerman's story (Trayvon's last words were "You got me"?? Really??), but the prosecution hasn't done enough to convict him of 2nd degree murder.

The cops said, "DON'T FOLLOW HIM" He did and he had a gun. He has to be charged with atleast man slaughter.

I hope they convict him on that, but I really don't know...

Around the Network
Veracity said:
enditall727 said:

Well you never really know who the liar is and who the angel is

Lol @ "the facts" And "cherrypicking"

I believe Zimmerman grabbed Trayvon. and being that he knew how to fight like you implied, he was able to get the best of Zimmerman when they had the scuffle

Zimmerman will most likely walk so you dont have to get aggitated at me for looking at both sides fairley ;)

I just wanted to see the truth. Did Zimmerman save his neighborhood by shooting a criminal who was going to rob houses? Or did Zimmerman kill a kid who was never going to rob houses in his neighborhood

I don't believe that he originally intended to kill Trayvon but I DO believe that Zimmerman grabbed him which broke out into that scuffle

There is no evidence that supports your claim. Youe basis is supposition a presupposition. There is no DNA on trayvon from Zimmerman. 

Im not agitated. 

The case isn't about whether it not trayvon was going to rob houses, nor is it about who started the fight. Neither of those is relevant to the case. It's about stand your ground. Go read my other post.

lol@roam completely clueless. There was no stalking nor harassment. Nice try.

Well my claim is that i believe Zimmerman grabbed Trayvon to hold him down until the police came. The girl pretty much confirmed that Zimmerman had to grab Trayvon for him to say "get off". they never proved her wrong with that. All they did was pretty much point out that this girl was hard to understand throughout the case.

You dont really know who to believe but i believe that confirmation of Zimmerman grabbing him.

It's cool if you believe that Trayvon punched him after zimmerman said that there was no problem before brutally trying to kill Zimmerman for no reason.

Idk what zimmermans dna being on Trayvon has to do with anything. If i grabbed my younger cousin, i dont think my dna would be on them.

I'm not saying that Zimmerman attacked Trayvon. I just believe he tried to grab and hold him.

If i was innocent and just came from the store and somebody grabbed me, I'm KNOCKING THEM THE FUCK OUT!!

LIGHTS OUT!

I also wouldn't continue to hit somebody UNLESS THEY KEPT TRYING TO HOLD ME especially if i didn't do anything wrong and was just walking home from the store.

Zimmermans story doesn't add up so far from what i see.

at the end of the day, i believe that neither Zimmerman or Trayvon are angels. I believe he grabbed, Trayvon started taking off on him so he would let go then Zimmerman shot him

He's probably going to walk so it doesn't really matter though

I've been following the trial closely and the main problem aside from several prosecution witnesses being better witnesses for the defense is the story prosecution has to sell the jury.

They somehow are supposed to believe that a guy with no injuries and was seen beating the crap out of another man was also crying out for help instead of a man who had his nose broken, several blows to the back of his head, and defensive wounds on his hands and face.

It's almost and impossible case for the prosecution to gain a conviction.

roam said:
haxxiy said:
roam said:

this kid, not zimmerman, was fighting for his life... and he lost.

How exactly he was fighting for his life when his only injury was the bullet wound? He most likely initiated the agression and was clobbering Zimmerman in the ground before he was shot. You can't simply fight off imaginary or real stalkers because you think they might attack you like that.

As for your 911 call, the judgement should be over his action and whether or not it constituted a crime, not over his character.

its not about his character at all, it goes right to his frame of mind in that moment.   trayvon was just some dehumanized punk criminal asshole, who was getting away.  he was an outsider, he didnt belong there in zimmermans neighbourhood.     you cant even follow this situation logically and then presume zimmerman to be a victim.   why even get out of his vehicle to follow the kid if he didnt want to stop him?  probability points to zimmerman initiating the fight.  losing a fight doesnt mean you arent the aggressor.   in addition the wounds were superficial.   trayvon is dead...so he was pretty clearly fighting for his life.  even zimmerman himself said it didnt sound like himself yelling in the recording. 

Well, I suppose it's good for Zimmerman that the evidence points away from your "probability."  Zimmerman had no injuries to his hands, which suggests he wasn't the one to initiate the fight, while having gashes in the back of his head and a broken nose.  Trayvon, however, had slight injuries to his fists, suggesting he was the aggressor in the fight.  His only other injury was the bullet wound.  There was also NO DNA from Zimmerman under his fingernails, which suggests that he didn't claw at Zimmerman.  Something someone who was fighting for his life, screaming "help me," would have done.

I have never heard Zimmerman say he didn't think that was him yelling on the 911 call.  Trayvon's dad, however, initially stated that it definitely wasn't Trayvon.  Of course, he changed his story once the media and civil rights activists got involved and turned this into a race trial.

I have to say, this is the one thing I don't get about people who are 100% behind Trayvon.  They seemingly ignore evidence and logic just so they can justify seeing this "white" Hispanic crucified.  What's sad is that the police and original prosecutor KNEW there wasn't enough evidence to convict Zimmerman, especially since the evidence was supporting Zimmerman's account of the events, but that wasn't good enough for the mob.  So they had to bring in a special prescutor to try and appease them.  It won't work, unfortunately, since most of those calling for justice will be calling for Zimmerman's head if he is acquited.

Ssenkahdavic said:

At this point I do not see how he is guilty, not even that he could be found guilty.

Just about everything we have heard points towards self defense, which with Florida state law, he is not guilty of murder. If not innocent, at least enough probable cause to find him not guilty.

At this point if he is found guilty, I would put that in the field of a racist charged verdict.

It is just a shame that the media, and others have tried to turn this into a racially charged ordeal and lost site of the fact that a kid is dead.

Could this have been averted? Yes.
Should it have been averted? Yes.
Should we crucify the ONLY PERSON who has any real idea what happened? No. It will not bring the kid back and with everything I have heard to this point he is innocent of murder, but guilty of making bad decision.

Its just a completely shame that the idea of "Innocent until proven Guilty" was completely ignored in this case, mainly by the media.

Zimmerman never should have been charged with murder. This was clearly a manslaughter case. I don't see how, from what they've presented, that the prosecution thought they had enough evidence for a murder conviction.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

At this point I do not see how he is guilty, not even that he could be found guilty.

Just about everything we have heard points towards self defense, which with Florida state law, he is not guilty of murder. If not innocent, at least enough probable cause to find him not guilty.

At this point if he is found guilty, I would put that in the field of a racist charged verdict.

It is just a shame that the media, and others have tried to turn this into a racially charged ordeal and lost site of the fact that a kid is dead.

Could this have been averted? Yes.
Should it have been averted? Yes.
Should we crucify the ONLY PERSON who has any real idea what happened? No. It will not bring the kid back and with everything I have heard to this point he is innocent of murder, but guilty of making bad decision.

Its just a completely shame that the idea of "Innocent until proven Guilty" was completely ignored in this case, mainly by the media.

Zimmerman never should have been charged with murder. This was clearly a manslaughter case. I don't see how, from what they've presented, that the prosecution thought they had enough evidence for a murder conviction.

Its race wars 101. If they did not prosecute as murder than the African American community would be outraged at them, now when tehy fail the case the anger will be at "white" people instead of the prosecuters. Which is funny because Zimmerman is hispanic. But it does lead to the next big race problems, Mexicans/Latinos vs African Americans. In LA (California) its been real bad already. African americans are getting pushed out of their neighborhoods and targeted by Latinos. With their greater numbers they are really putting pressure on the African American Community. What happens when two mnorities are in a race war? I wonder what will happen in LA after this verdict.

Lmfao so many lies in these posts.

One guy dating that DNA does not transfer when you grab someone. Lulz. Skin cells and hair on arms is DNA dude. It follows logically that there would be transfer especially because clothes are porous and it would remain intact. So basically again your shit isn't corroborated by the evidence at all. Again using jeantel s evidence is just disingenuous she is a liar. You are welcome to believe the liar, but know this- she also said that trayvon was almost home. The altercation took place toward Zimmermans vehicle and not where trayvon was staying. So basically you admit that trayvon came back toward Zimmerman instead of continuing home.

Lulz this clueless guy posts more nonsense again as does another guy. A non emergency dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that" in regard to following trayvon. Not a command and not from a police officer. Dispatchers are citizens not cops. Lulz

Broken noises are just a scratch to some people now? Lulz yep no head trauma either. Hagaha the racists in here seem to be multiplying.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Veracity said:

One guy dating that DNA does not transfer when you grab someone. Lulz. Skin cells and hair on arms is DNA dude. It follows logically that there would be transfer especially because clothes are porous and it would remain intact. So basically again your shit isn't corroborated by the evidence at all. Again using jeantel s evidence is just disingenuous she is a liar. You are welcome to believe the liar, but know this- she also said that trayvon was almost home. The altercation took place toward Zimmermans vehicle and not where trayvon was staying. So basically you admit that trayvon came back toward Zimmerman instead of continuing home.

Lulz this clueless guy posts more nonsense again as does another guy. A non emergency dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that" in regard to following trayvon. Not a command and not from a police officer. Dispatchers are citizens not cops. Lulz

Broken noises are just a scratch to some people now? Lulz yep no head trauma either. Hagaha the racists in here seem to be multiplying.

Are you saying in general or about Trayvon and Zimmerman? Nothing really happens when you grab somebody. It's not like you're breaking the skin. Is it really that easy to get dna on somebody? you say there was no dna from Zimmerman on Trayvon righ? Seems like you were trying to imply that Zimmerman didn't even "touch" Trayvon. Isn't it well known that they touched each other? Dont we already know that their bodies came together? They were on the ground, right? 

Was it not said by many and logically applied that Zimmerman was supposedly "fighting for his life"? An individual who fights for his life has to make contact with the person hitting them, correct? The whole fighting for his life thing pretty much confirms that they touched whether or not Zimmermans dna was found on Trayvon or not, correct? Zimmerman had to have tried to atleast touch or push Trayvon off of him to be fighting for his life. And that's if Zimmerman WAS NOT trying to hold him until the police got there. So you bringing that up doesn't really help what your saying because we already know that they came in contact with each other

Zimmermans story just isn't adding up man

Thismeintel posted a pic and it shows where Zimmermans car was, where Trayvon was shot and where he was staying. It showed that he was close to his home and Zimmermans car was on the other side of the buildings. He was found laying in the grass between the apartments. The witness pretty much confirmed that Trayvon was laying basically in front her house and Trayvons house was on the other side but farther down. This is pretty much proven man.

Zimms story just isn't adding up, i'm sorry

And who are you referring to with the racist comment?? I hope your not talking about me. Unless you are talking about users like @Thranx since they are talking about and bringing up race. I'm most certainly not.

Also, weren't YOU the single person who made the most racist comment in this thread? You said something about bigots? did you not also get modded for that? Correct me if i'm wrong

Regardless of the whole dna and racist thing, i believe Zimmerman grabbed Trayvon. It just makes the most sense. 

Like i said before, Zimmerman is still most likely going to walk no matter how offput and aggitated you seemed to have been getting throughout this thread so i dont see why people are not allowed to think something opposing to you when it's logically legit enough to go by

enditall727 said:
Veracity said:

Are you saying in general or about Trayvon and Zimmerman? Nothing really happens when you grab somebody. It's not like you're breaking the skin. Is it really that easy to get dna on somebody? you say there was no dna from Zimmerman on Trayvon righ? Seems like you were trying to imply that Zimmerman didn't even "touch" Trayvon. Isn't it well known that they touched each other? Dont we already know that their bodies came together? They were on the ground, right? 

Was it not said by many and logically applied that Zimmerman was supposedly "fighting for his life"? An individual who fights for his life has to make contact with the person hitting them, correct? The whole fighting for his life thing pretty much confirms that they touched whether or not Zimmermans dna was found on Trayvon or not, correct? Zimmerman had to have tried to atleast touch or push Trayvon off of him to be fighting for his life. And that's if Zimmerman WAS NOT trying to hold him until the police got there. So you bringing that up doesn't really help what your saying because wea already know that they came in contact with each other

Zimmermans story just isn't adding up man

Thismeintel posted a pic and it shows where Zimmermans car was, where Trayvon was shot and where he was staying. It showed that he was close to his home and Zimmermans car was on the other side of the buildings. He was found laying in the grass between the apartments. The witness pretty much confirmed that Trayvon was laying basically in front her house and Trayvons house was on the other side but farther down. This is pretty much proven man.

Zimms story just isn't adding up, i'm sorry

And who are you referring to with the racist comment?? I hope your not talking about me. Unless you are talking about users like @Thranx since they are talking about and bringing up race. I'm most certainly not.

Also, weren't YOU the single person who made the most racist comment in this thread? You said something about bigots? did you not also get modded for that? Correct me if i'm wrong

Regardless of the whole dna and racist thing, i believe Zimmerman grabbed Trayvon. It just makes the most sense. 

Like i said before, Zimmerman is still most likely going to walk no matter how offput and aggitated you seemed to have been getting throughout this thread so i dont see why people are not to thing something opposing to you when it's logically legit enough to go by

With his condescending posts to posters that don't agree with exactly he says I would've stopped responding to him awhile ago

I agree that the state.prosecution is overreaching with these charges as it screams manslaughter: I think the state overracted to the cry of the public

and in my opinion I think GZ is atleast gulty of that(mansluaghter) I think he tried to do the right thing as in try to protect his community from a potential crime that his community was dealing with some burglaries, but I think the only reason why he approached TM was because he was carrying a firearm(and before any bites my head off I'm saying he doesn't have the right to carry) but he should've done what the 911 operator said and shouldn't have followed him; he tried to go above and beyond and it resulted in someone being killed when the situation did not call for it,

again in my opinion. TM isn't no saint(neither is GZ) because I don't neccesarily think that bringing up someone's "baggage" paints a picture to what happened that night; but I will believe the prosecution's "star witness"(forgetting her name) when she heard GZ say "What are you doing around here" and then TM saying "Get off! Get off" I believe GZ wasn't trying be be aggressive by maybe grabbing his arm and from there the fight escalated. I think TM was getting the best of GZ and he then shot him"

I don't believe GZ version of the fight where he was saying the TM said "you're going to die tonight" or something of that magnitude, or the supposed ambush that he was first claiming in the beginning it seems that GZ seemed to be the agressor based on the fact of atleast following TM and supposedly asking "what he was doing around here" I found the more easier to believe than TM either coming out of nowhere swinging(or atleast swinging after the initail confrontation between the to)

if he does walk...man..I wonder if the outcry will be greater than the Casey Anthony trial