By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo should promote third party Wii U games in its Directs

Tagged games:

Should Nintendo promote 3rd party Wii U games in its Directs?

Yes 26 74.29%

No 9 25.71%

Total:35

to this date they failed to advertise WiiU properly, so promote WiiU first, in case of 3rd party content promote only exclusive as for example Sonic.

they need to get their shit together first

Around the Network

I like this idea, so long as Nintendo doesn't get too crazy with promoting third party IP. I mean, Nintendo Directs are basically free promotion, so they could just offer their third party devs a free promotion opportunity. Whoever would say no to that?

The problem, of course, is that when the Wii U takes off (and I still think it probably will) third party devs might expect the free promotion to continue as a glut of third party games arrive. Third party IP should not get to talk in a Nintendo Direct for long. Certainly no where near as long as first party IP gets to.

I voted yes in the poll.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

They have shown 3rd party stuff in their directs. in may direct, they had an entire section for Resident Evil Revelations and the E3 direct, they had a reel for 3rd party games. They will show some 3rd party like Blacklist in July/ August directs definitely and the others 3rd party stuff in the fall directs.

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

DanneSandin said:
I voted yes in the poll.

Point taken and poll added.

Around the Network

Yes. Yes they should. Especially considering what was revealed and shown at E3 from Nintendo was a big disappointment for me. Apart from Wind Waker HD and Mario Kart I'm far more interested in Ubisoft's offerings and Batman. I won't lie though, I'm starting to get that Gamecube feeling but without the inescapable joy of Metroid Prime.

Why should Nintendo take on that mess? If you want to develop a game for a certain system you have to put all the effort into it. Not take short-cuts. Maybe if you hound Nintendo (and make a good game) they will produce it for you, but anything less, AKA Multi-plats, should be pushed by the third-party developer.

By the by, Nintendo has already pushed third-party games at their conferences. Which, as evidenced by all the whining about Nintendo making a smaller E3 appearance this year, is the "biggest stage in gaming." So that's nice.

I don't think they need to dedicate entire Directs for 3rd party software, but brief asides on particular major ones for either the Wii U or 3DS should be given time beyond quick trailers. Although really, the bulk of the advertising responsibility should be reserved for the 3rd party. Nintendo took major roles to bring the DS Dragon Quest games outside of Japan and now Square Enix has gotten lazy and won't do anything without Nintendo footing some of the bill in regards to the franchise. Samething happened when Nintendo created a fund to get Square Enix to get Final Fantasy and other games on their console during the GC era and all they produced were the Crystal Chronicle games.

Nintendo should do all the heavy lifting outside more outstanding games that take advantage of the hardware and can be legit system sellers.

i'm pretty sure they already do, but they could do a better job of it. It seems like more time is spent on their own games, but then again, they probably know more about their own games. Maybe that's the problem