By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo should promote third party Wii U games in its Directs

Tagged games:

Should Nintendo promote 3rd party Wii U games in its Directs?

Yes 26 74.29%

No 9 25.71%

Total:35
curl-6 said:
RolStoppable said:

Yes, that's what I am saying. Nintendo is doing their part, third parties aren't doing theirs.

But nothing's stopping Nintendo from just using existing trailers or footage from other versions like at E3 2012 to promote Wii U's third party games.

The reaction from the hardcore gamer on the internet when that happened, was to try and argue that the games looked worse than PS3/360 games...

VGChartz

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Cobretti2 said:
one must first have 3rd party games to promote

Splinter Cell Blacklist

Rayman Legends

Batman: Arkham Origins

Watch Dogs

Assassin's Creed IV

Sonic Lost World

All good candidates for promotion.

everyone knows about these already. Nintendo direct needs to wow people with new games liek they did with 3ds. 

Only then people will comit to the console if there is enough good exclusives. 

milkyjoe said:
curl-6 said:
RolStoppable said:

Yes, that's what I am saying. Nintendo is doing their part, third parties aren't doing theirs.

But nothing's stopping Nintendo from just using existing trailers or footage from other versions like at E3 2012 to promote Wii U's third party games.

The reaction from the hardcore gamer on the internet when that happened, was to try and argue that the games looked worse than PS3/360 games...

Yeah, I remember that, it was hilarious. Apparently they did the same thing with the snippet of Watch Dogs footage in Nintendo's E3 Direct... which turned out to be Xbone  footage... XD

Cobretti2 said:
curl-6 said:
Cobretti2 said:
one must first have 3rd party games to promote

Splinter Cell Blacklist

Rayman Legends

Batman: Arkham Origins

Watch Dogs

Assassin's Creed IV

Sonic Lost World

All good candidates for promotion.

everyone knows about these already. Nintendo direct needs to wow people with new games liek they did with 3ds. 

Only then people will comit to the console if there is enough good exclusives. 

I'm not saying they should place priority on third over first, just that more Wii U owners will buy third party games, (which is good for Nintendo) if Nintendo seems to "recommend" them via Directs.

Two are too many, after all it's not Nintendo's job to sell their games.

One in October or November, prior to Black Friday and to prepare the holiday season, should be enough.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Nintendo can't really dedicate an entire Direct to footage that isn't from the Wii U though.

There's plenty of Wii U footage of Rayman. And they could break it up with 3DS stuff and some first party games too.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

There's plenty of Wii U footage of Rayman. And they could break it up with 3DS stuff and some first party games too.

Ah yes, Rayman. The game that Nintendo dedicated several minutes to in a previous Direct, showing footage and having Ancel talk about it. Then the game got delayed.

As for your second sentence, now you are arguing against the premise of your original post.

I said the Directs should focus on third party content, not be entirely dedicated to them.

Nintendo shouldn't have to advertise 3rd party games. It isn't their job, after all.

However, doing so and actively pushing the content could persuade other devs to come to the system. But of they're going to push anything, push indie content,

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

I said the Directs should focus on third party content, not be entirely dedicated to them.

Okay, point taken.

But I can only reiterate that the lack of focus on Wii U third party content is a problem that got created by third parties and can only be solved by third parties (through providing Wii U footage and developer commentaries). After all, Nintendo has no problem to create Directs for the Japanese market that almost exclusively show 3DS third party content.

Could not then Nintendo take the initiative where third partis have failed, and ask them for Wii U footage?

I do agree with this.

As much as third parties are dubious about producing games for WiiU, clearly for economic reasons, It think it would be a nice idea if Nintendo did a Direct specific about third parties. That would please them to see that Nintendo really cares about their products and would also help show their costumers that there´s a lot of content for them to enjoy on the platform