By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Calling it now. The PS4 will outsell the Xbone 4:1!!

It is possible between 3 to 1 and 4 to 1. PS4 can sell between 120 million to 160 million ltd sales in comparison to the XBox Ones 40 to 50 million+ console systems.

Around the Network

MS expected 1 billion in 2005 already, watch e3 2005, conclusion: don't listen MS.

Nintendo 2018

English is not my native language.

The PS4 beating The One 4:1 (and vice versa) is simply unrealistic. I think the most extreme possibility would be a 2:1 ratio although I think both The One and PS4 will be fairly close to each other in terms of sales (with the PS4 having about 20-50% more sales).

Calling it now: Wii U outsells both high end consoles combined in lifetime sales.

No, seriously. 4:1 is...a bit much. Just Gears of Halo is going to pull it down to 2:1.

I doubt it, As this Gen has shown us, things can change easily. The Xbox will sell well too. It just won't have the advantage it had last gen.

I can see Playstation build a lead, but it won't be 4 to 1.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
The PS4 beating The One 4:1 (and vice versa) is simply unrealistic. I think the most extreme possibility would be a 2:1 ratio although I think both The One and PS4 will be fairly close to each other in terms of sales (with the PS4 having about 20-50% more sales).

2 years ago people would have called you nutts if you said the 3DS will outsell the vita by 6:1 (install base numbers) but yet thats how things stand. my point is that every new gen is very different. while i am not saying i agree with the prediction but i am saying is that saying a prediction like this is unrealistic has little grounds. because things like these numbers happened before and they could happen again. 

bananaking21 said:
yo_john117 said:

2 years ago people would have called you nutts if you said the 3DS will outsell the vita by 6:1 (install base numbers) but yet thats how things stand. my point is that every new gen is very different. while i am not saying i agree with the prediction but i am saying is that saying a prediction like this is unrealistic has little grounds. because things like these numbers happened before and they could happen again. 

True. But I'm not talking about handhelds because they are their own beast (one that I don't understand nor pay enough attention to do so anyways).

The One and PS4 though...given what we know, and how many games we know are coming out for both plus basically having the same launch date makes the 4:1 ratio unrealistic (note I didn't say impossible in either of these instances).

akuseru said:
tres said:

and in the end the real gamers will have both console and just play games while single console users continue on their quest for relevancy via the interwebs.

fanboyism defined is one of envy or arrogance.  both unacceptable traits

Real gamers... LMFAO!!!

I have ALL Nintendo home consoles released, and 2 of the Wii and I have a DS. My girl has a WiiU.

I have PS2, I bought 3 PS3s, 3 PSPs, and a VITA. I have 50+ PS2 games and 120+ PS3 games (not including PSN games), which are my two biggest collections on individual systems. (Also, notice that I do not own a PS1. I actually moved to PlayStation this generation, and bought most of the PS2 games far into PS3 generation).

I have a gaming PC, bought with (almost) the highest specs possible last year.

However, I have never Owned any XBOX console... and I do not intend to ever own one.

I keep hearing this "real gamers will own both consoles" crap, so I wonder... how does the above make me any less of a 'real gamer' than you (given you own both consoles of course)?

Feel free to elaborate my friend.

OT:

I believe PS4 will outsell XB1  2:1, but of course I am hoping for 3:1 and above. I think Sony proved to their install base this gen that they are competent in making great games, in many different genres, and that they will continue support their consoles until the very end of its life cycle. IMO, MS did not give me any reason to support them, with basically every E3 being the exact same adn we already knew what they were going to show, A new Halo, Gear, Forza and Fable, plus a couple of randoms now and then. The only surprises they had were which 3rd party games they had managed to make multiplat...

hey youre a multi console gamer welcome to the party.  i have zero brand loyalty nor do i hate another for some whatever reason so im good at whatever console .

to me its rather petty how people that call themselves gamers get on a soap box about which console is better, who has the better exclusives, etc... when none of that stuff matter because at the end of the day its a matter of opinion.  i treat games like i treat my food i taste it all.  no question my mom can cook and eeeeeeeeevery body love her cooking but that dont stop me from going to others tables during holidays.  "gamers" are a crazy bunch

tres said:

hey youre a multi console gamer welcome to the party.  i have zero brand loyalty nor do i hate another for some whatever reason so im good at whatever console .

to me its rather petty how people that call themselves gamers get on a soap box about which console is better, who has the better exclusives, etc... when none of that stuff matter because at the end of the day its a matter of opinion.  i treat games like i treat my food i taste it all.  no question my mom can cook and eeeeeeeeevery body love her cooking but that dont stop me from going to others tables during holidays.  "gamers" are a crazy bunch

Might've come off a bit hard there :)

Yes, I am multi-console, but next gen I will be Sony only.

The reasons for that are simple really. I was hugely disappointed and let down with Nintendo's offerings this gen on the Wii, apart from a few exceptions, like Mario Galaxy.

As for the Xbox... Well, I won't say it doesn't have any good games, because I does, BUT I just dislike Microsoft as a company, it's that simple. This goes back a long, long time. I have never been satisfied with a product from MS...

I know that Sony and 3rd parties will be delivering enough games to keep my busy anyways, so I can easily manage to lose out on some games because of my 'consumer beliefs' and principles.

4:1 is little too much given current market trends and competition, but 2-2.5:1 can ultimately become a possibility for lifetime. ( 40-45 mn Xbones to 100-110 mn PS4s.)