By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Calling it now. The PS4 will outsell the Xbone 4:1!!

tuscaniman99 said:
Now that I think of it having multiplayer behind a PS+ paywall could hurt PS4 sales. I know of multiple people I've worked with who basically only played COD and on PS3 because it was free to play online. They could easily be swayed to Xbox One if they believe the online is better or will just stick with PS3.

Funny that I've told people the same thing. If forced to pay to play online, most people would choose Xbox since Xbox Live has a higher perceived value and is just more popular.

Sony has a lot of work to do. 

Around the Network
trixiemafia86 said:

since MS expects a growth of up to 1 billion consoles in the Industry. PS4 outselling XB1 by 4-1. Will be 750 million PS4 vs 250 million XB1.

And 0 Wii U consoles?

Signature goes here!

4:1, really? Maybe in 2013 in a best-case scenario, but looking into 2014 this is very unlikely. Even if the XB1 sold like the WiiU did during its first year, we're looking at PS4 selling 20 million + units in the first year under a 4:1 ratio... not going to happen

tuscaniman99 said:
@darkshadow23
Notre Dame. Can you guys score more than 3 points against us this year? :)

Hey, Miami was a very young team last year. Especially the defense. Our offense was pretty good though even though they were quite young as well. This season our offense should be much better, and our defense can't really get any worse. So I am looking forward to this upcoming season. Going to the UF vs UM game this year.

OT - I don't see the PS4 outselling the XB1 by that much. It's best chance of doing that would probably be the first year, since MS has short supply of XB1, the higher price, and the negative image that they have from several gamers because of the DRM (several of my real life friends are claiming to be swapping from Xbox to Playstation). I am going to say it will be more like 2:1. This is really going to depend on if all those extra features of the XB1 will catch on with people who aren't considered "gamers".

Not gonna happen, America will make it sure that Xbox One wins this round. Althought I am going to buy a PS4 myself.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

This is not the last generation of consoles. Why do people keep saying that?

CGI-Quality said:
tuscaniman99 said:
I'm pretty sure the PS3 was supposed to dominate the Xbox 360 too. -_-

Hardly a comparable scenario. The PS3 was everything the PS4 isn't, including being quite expesnive and a year late against the 360. 

Im pretty sure he is talking about fans who constantly put down the Xbox and predicted a swift defeat soon as it was going to be released. Nothing to do with cost or whatever. This guy is saying kind of the same thing 4-1 is outrageous. From some of his comments he doesn't like Xbox at all. 

Most likely 3:1(5:1 WW, 1.5-2:1 US).

Nintendo 2018

English is not my native language.
tres said:

and in the end the real gamers will have both console and just play games while single console users continue on their quest for relevancy via the interwebs.

fanboyism defined is one of envy or arrogance.  both unacceptable traits

Real gamers... LMFAO!!!

I have ALL Nintendo home consoles released, and 2 of the Wii and I have a DS. My girl has a WiiU.

I have PS2, I bought 3 PS3s, 3 PSPs, and a VITA. I have 50+ PS2 games and 120+ PS3 games (not including PSN games), which are my two biggest collections on individual systems. (Also, notice that I do not own a PS1. I actually moved to PlayStation this generation, and bought most of the PS2 games far into PS3 generation).

I have a gaming PC, bought with (almost) the highest specs possible last year.

However, I have never Owned any XBOX console... and I do not intend to ever own one.

I keep hearing this "real gamers will own both consoles" crap, so I wonder... how does the above make me any less of a 'real gamer' than you (given you own both consoles of course)?

Feel free to elaborate my friend.

OT:

I believe PS4 will outsell XB1  2:1, but of course I am hoping for 3:1 and above. I think Sony proved to their install base this gen that they are competent in making great games, in many different genres, and that they will continue support their consoles until the very end of its life cycle. IMO, MS did not give me any reason to support them, with basically every E3 being the exact same adn we already knew what they were going to show, A new Halo, Gear, Forza and Fable, plus a couple of randoms now and then. The only surprises they had were which 3rd party games they had managed to make multiplat...

TruckOSaurus said:
trixiemafia86 said:

since MS expects a growth of up to 1 billion consoles in the Industry. PS4 outselling XB1 by 4-1. Will be 750 million PS4 vs 250 million XB1.

And 0 Wii U consoles?

I thought MS completely ignored WiiU as nextgen lol

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]