By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Calling it now. The PS4 will outsell the Xbone 4:1!!

tuscaniman99 said:
@tres
Halo releases Fall 2014. Combine that with $100 price drop for Xbox One and Xbox One wins the holiday quite easily over PS4 in the USA. Keep dreaming everyone will be on PS4. Sony will not take the US market back. The rest of the world has always been Sony's domain but the US is lost. It will be a close console race.

halo fall 2014 vs uncharted 4 holiday.  ps4 still 399 xbox one 399 people still dismissing it because of the included kinect.   right now xbox one has the stronger launch line up but who knows between gamescom and tgs what will happen.

Around the Network

Considering this is looking to be a 10 year console cycle, sales of over 150 million for both consoles is VERY possible. Maybe those 156 million PS2 gamers will stumble back on to the PS4, who knows. Xbox One being an "all in one" console will sell amazingly well once the price drops. Wii U will get it's legs back during the holiday season. 3DS will continue to break records, and PS Vita will eventually find it's way back into the market. IN SHORT, ALL CONSOLES IN 8TH GEN = 1 BILLION TOTAL SALES

Icy-Zone said:
trixiemafia86 said:
tuscaniman99 said:
PS4 - 80+ mil, Xbox One 80+ mil, WiiU 45 mil...this is the last generation of consoles

why do you think it will be the last generation. Please expand?

He's talking about the last generation of MS consoles. I agree with him.

PS4 will probably sell less than PS3 overall. It lacks backwards compatibility and requires that you pay a fee to go online. There isn't really much reason to get it except for slightly better looking games that you have to pay a lot more for. Also Sony is in shambles, selling off billions of dollars in assets just to not go bankrupt, they likely do not have the resources to market nearly as well as Microsoft.

Look at how poorly they handled the Vita despite all the Sony fans being certain the Vita was the next big thing.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

It'll definitly outsell it, but not by that much.. 2:1 in the first couple months is within sight, but am not sure about Lifetime..

Around the Network

since MS expects a growth of up to 1 billion consoles in the Industry. PS4 outselling XB1 by 4-1. Will be 750 million PS4 vs 250 million XB1.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

dsgrue3 said:
2:1 at best.

As is repeated over and over again: the average consumer is not like us.

Based on the preorder slaughterfest, I'd say the average consumer wants it even less than us.

4:1 is too much! I do agree it will most likely outsell it but it'll probably be for every 3 ps4's sold 2 xbones are sold.

Now that I think of it having multiplayer behind a PS+ paywall could hurt PS4 sales. I know of multiple people I've worked with who basically only played COD and on PS3 because it was free to play online. They could easily be swayed to Xbox One if they believe the online is better or will just stick with PS3.

Unlikely. Xbox One is selling pretty well online. This coming generation wont' be that one-sided. In fact, I'd say Xbox One will take America again, although not by such a large margin this time.