By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I'm about to get into my first real fight. UPDATE: he came to my house and surprised me.

too busy payin bills and popin pills to give a shit about alpha male bullshit

Around the Network

C'mon.. Surely some of his friends recorded it with his phone and posted it online

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

danasider said:
I'm old and never get in fights (you'll see in the future that that alpha male need to be the baddest dude subsides with age when you have responsibilities and can get charged or arrested for hitting another person), but since you're 16 I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and acknowledge your need to defend yourself.

So even though I am not condoning fighting, I will agree that if you are going to defend yourself, you should aim for the groin. You want to win it "fair and square" but in reality that phrase is relative. How evenly matched are you two in size, age, experience, etc? Can if ever really be fair?

Being a small guy, my dad always told me there is no such thing as a fair fight. Even if both people agree to not fight dirty, one guy will have an advantage in size, skills, athleticism, etc. So sometimes it takes extreme measures to even up the fight. If you're being attacked by the jealous dude, just hit him where it hurts and he won't bother you again (and if he does, do it again until he stops bothering you). That's just my 2 cents.

This reminds me of that episode of King of the Hilll

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

NiKKoM said:
C'mon.. Surely some of his friends recorded it with his phone and posted it online

Yeah, I've been asking them if they did but they wont talk to me xD and ive been searching online but nothing found :(

damn, I really wanted to see how I did :p I would have had friends with me to record it for ya guys but like I said, his arrival was completely unexpected.

Player1x3 said:
NintendoPie said:
Player1x3 said:
Wow...you people have some easy lives. I bet most of you don't even get a good amount of respect from your peers.

The fact that you think respect is earned by fear is ridiculous. If you had real friends there wouldn't be anything to prove and they especially wouldn't need to "fear" you.

It's not about how i think, it's a fact. Respect is earned by fear. It's not the only way or the morally right way, but it's the most effective way. 

You think people respect you because they fear you?
If someone fears you, they certainly don't respect you, they are actually Afraid/Hate you, in no-way, shape or form would they actually respect you.

People like yourself I pity greatly, the world is an amazing place, yet all you can think about is enacting violence to get your point across and think it's the right thing to do.
Well, it's not. You are causing not only Physical harm to someone else, but possibly mental aswell, the only thing I hope is that the same isn't done to yourself one day, or to your children.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

teenagers...

KylieDog said:
Player1x3 said:
NintendoPie said:

The fact that you think respect is earned by fear is ridiculous. If you had real friends there wouldn't be anything to prove and they especially wouldn't need to "fear" you.

It's not about how i think, it's a fact. Respect is earned by fear. It's not the only way or the morally right way, but it's the most effective way. 

Is a sad little world you live in if fighting gets you respect.  Is pathetic playschool mentality.  When you're older, assuming you place yourself with people who's mental age reflects their physical one, people who get into fights are seen as oafs, brutes, complete pricks or maybe just arseholes, and nobody respects them.  They are seen as the arse end of society.

I didn't say fighting got/gets me respect.  I said it CAN and it WILL get you respect. 

The only people who judge it are insecure weak cowards who hide behind the cloak of ''maturity'' and manners. Im telling you, those people have incredibly easy lives, are fragile, sheltered babies that never had to worry about their image in their society 

~

Edit: User was moderated by TruckOSaurus for this post

Player1x3 said:

I didn't say fighting got/gets me respect.  I said it CAN and it WILL get you respect. 

The only people who judge it are insecure weak cowards who hide behind the cloak of ''maturity'' and manners. Im telling you, those people have incredibly easy lives, are fragile, sheltered babies that never had to worry about their image in their society 

Lets see what happens when you try to instill "fear" into your boss and threaten him with physical harm. :P
Not only would you probably be fired, but possibly taken to court too!

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Player1x3 said:
NintendoPie said:
Player1x3 said:
Wow...you people have some easy lives. I bet most of you don't even get a good amount of respect from your peers.

You think people respect you because they fear you?
If someone fears you, they certainly don't respect you, they are actually Afraid/Hate you, in no-way, shape or form would they actually respect you.

People like yourself I pity greatly, the world is an amazing place, yet all you can think about is enacting violence to get your point across and think it's the right thing to do.
Well, it's not. You are causing not only Physical harm to someone else, but possibly mental aswell, the only thing I hope is that the same isn't done to yourself one day, or to your children.

I didnt say you should go out and pick a fight every chance you get, but if someone calls you out, you better step up instead of bitching out. 

And those are some pretty big/pretentious and judgmental words you threw at me. You sure you don't wannabe calm down a little.

OneHappyGamer:) said:

UPDATE: this morning, I just got out of my house to go to the park cause it was Canada day today :D I barely got out of my yard, and there he was with his Girlfriend and a bunch of his friends. I didn't know if he was waiting for me, or he was just passing by going to the park like I was. but either way, he came at me without a word, and it was a slow hook, that I just dodged at the last second. it was on, and I was COMPLETLY unprepared. he had me on the ropes for a good 10 seconds with hook after hook, he was just flaming violently with his arms, and I blocked most of them, and he never got a clean hit. I decided to go on the offensive, and grabbed one of his arms as he was swinging it at me, and I yanked him closer while thrusting my fist forward at his face, and BOOM! right in the cheeck. and it hurt my fist more then I thought it would, but he went down on his ass for about a second or two, and got up quickly again. this time I was prepared, and he was STILL using the same hook after hook after hook, with almost no jabs and I was blocking them without much difficulty, but he was going at it so fast I couldn't do much else but block. this went on for a good minute, he got a few hits in and I was feeling a bit sore in the face, but he looked VERY tired, and I saw my chance, and went all out on him with repeated jabs to the stomach, and he was hitting me back but he was so tired by then they hits were nothing I couldn't handle, until he just grabbed me and was trying to get on top of me, and I felt like I was done for cause he was just locked on to me. he was slowly getting ontop of me, and I couldnt do nothing to stop it except for just jumping backwards on my back, crushing him. I did that, and my god it hurt A LOT. even though I wasn't the guy on the bottom, when I landed the wind got so badly knocked out of me I felt I was gonna pass out, and I couldn't breath. I slowly wriggled off of him, slowly catching my breath, and saw he was barely moving at all, and had weak coughs every few seconds. he was badly hurt, so I just got up and walked back into my yard and locked the gate and just lay there on the grass trying to catch my breath. I was there for a good 10 - 15 minutes laying on the grass, and then I got up checking to see if he was okay. I got out of my yard again and nobody was there, just a small pool of blood were the guy and me fell. did I win? I don't think anyone won this fight. but wow, my mom said I was gone from the house for about 20 minutes (she never knew I was in a fight lol) so the fight didn't last more then 5 or so minutes, but it fealt like it lasted an hour. wow, that was pretty painful though :/

Congrats for surviving. Although you should have your parents talk to the other kid's parents. I mean going into your yard to fight you? That is like a no, no under the law.

Also when you see someone hostile coming towards you (especially at your home turf) don't just let them get near you. Get some distance, pick up a weapon if need be and ward him off. Usually it discourages any would be attackers because if his friends actually helped out then the entire event would be different.