By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MORE WiiU Games Coming!

zorg1000 said:
Mensrea said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Mensrea said:
My Nintendo love right now is pretty low. I mean, Mario 3D World looks awful. Retro's project is DK. No starfox, Metroid, f-zero. I dunno, it just feels to me like they are mailing it in. Nintendo made me buy a PS4 this fall, I will say that.

Wii U is selling very poorly at the moment, and you would rather have Nintendo redirect their resources from Donkey Kong and 3D World to a sub 2 million franchise and a 3D Mario that couldn't possibly be released within 2013? Seriously?

You are not the center of the universe and Nintendo is a profit seeking company. Also, Reggie has a PS3 and plays it regularly. I would not be surprised if he buys a PS4 this fall as well.

(Not sure why you would even include that part in your post.)

OT: No fucking shit. @Iwata

Why couldn't that 3D mario be ready? Galaxy was ready at this same time in the Wii's lifecycle. 

It just seems like to me all Nintendo focuses on these days is guaranteed hits. I don't want to play another platformer. If they want to keep my money, they should diversivy at least slightly. 

I think they should definitely try to make money, but I bought the Wii U on launch day, and they have just had screw up after screw up. If they want me to keep buying their systems, they are going to have to try a little harder. I mean, Nintendo fans are going to keep them afloat, why not cater to them a little bit.

I mentioned the PS4 becuase Nintendo didn't sell me on the Wii U this fall. I will have to play games elsewhere.

It was 71 months between Mario 64 and Sunshine. 63 months between Sunshine and Galaxy, and 30 months between Galaxy 1 and 2. On average thats about 4.5 years in between mainline open world 3D Mario titles. So based off that Mario Universe, or whatever they call it, will be released holiday 2014. 3D World is a completely different series meant to succeed NSMB series.

I don't think they started working on galaxy until the Wii was mostly complete, so it's not like all the time after sunshine was solely on galaxy. Your talking about gaps between Mario games, not actual dev time. They could have had a real 3D mario game this holiday.

Around the Network

I'm kind of in the same boat as others when it comes to a lack of Nintendo love after E3. They seriously need to pick up their act. Will the holiday line up sell consoles? Yes. But will it disappoint core Nintendo fans? Well let's just say I'll be watching those Metacritic scores with much interest.

Thank god I have a Steam backlog and I finally got around to buying a PS3 so I'm in the middle of discovering the Uncharted series. I've got plenty of games to keep me busy for a while.

If Wii U's 2014 is anything like 3DS's 2013, then lookout for your wallet, folks.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
If Wii U's 2014 is anything like 3DS's 2013, then lookout for your wallet, folks.

yeah

I just want Star Fox, common Nintendo make it happen.  Even if they launched the Wii U with only Star Fox and no other game I probably would have bought it at launch.

Around the Network
famousringo said:

Just from the already announced games, it looks like it will be a good year. Bayo 2, X, Yoshi, SMTxFE, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, is already a solid line up, plus a few more we dont know about yet.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Mensrea said:
zorg1000 said:
Mensrea said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Mensrea said:
My Nintendo love right now is pretty low. I mean, Mario 3D World looks awful. Retro's project is DK. No starfox, Metroid, f-zero. I dunno, it just feels to me like they are mailing it in. Nintendo made me buy a PS4 this fall, I will say that.

Wii U is selling very poorly at the moment, and you would rather have Nintendo redirect their resources from Donkey Kong and 3D World to a sub 2 million franchise and a 3D Mario that couldn't possibly be released within 2013? Seriously?

You are not the center of the universe and Nintendo is a profit seeking company. Also, Reggie has a PS3 and plays it regularly. I would not be surprised if he buys a PS4 this fall as well.

(Not sure why you would even include that part in your post.)

OT: No fucking shit. @Iwata

Why couldn't that 3D mario be ready? Galaxy was ready at this same time in the Wii's lifecycle. 

It just seems like to me all Nintendo focuses on these days is guaranteed hits. I don't want to play another platformer. If they want to keep my money, they should diversivy at least slightly. 

I think they should definitely try to make money, but I bought the Wii U on launch day, and they have just had screw up after screw up. If they want me to keep buying their systems, they are going to have to try a little harder. I mean, Nintendo fans are going to keep them afloat, why not cater to them a little bit.

I mentioned the PS4 becuase Nintendo didn't sell me on the Wii U this fall. I will have to play games elsewhere.

It was 71 months between Mario 64 and Sunshine. 63 months between Sunshine and Galaxy, and 30 months between Galaxy 1 and 2. On average thats about 4.5 years in between mainline open world 3D Mario titles. So based off that Mario Universe, or whatever they call it, will be released holiday 2014. 3D World is a completely different series meant to succeed NSMB series.

I don't think they started working on galaxy until the Wii was mostly complete, so it's not like all the time after sunshine was solely on galaxy. Your talking about gaps between Mario games, not actual dev time. They could have had a real 3D mario game this holiday.

Ur absolutely right, im just generalizing. If they started Mario Universe directly after Galaxy 2 finished then yes it could be done this year. But they didnt, im willing to bet that an epic 3D Mario will release sometime in between holiday 2014 and holiday 2015.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Of course they have more games coming than announced. Every company always does.

DerpSandwich said:
I think it was a bad move. Hope in Nintendo is at an all-time low, and E3 was the time to assuage our fears. I'm all about Nintendo and I was extremely upset. I still am, in fact. Until some announcement blows my Nintendo love is significantly lower, and I think a lot of people feel the same way. If there's ever been a time to hold off on announcements, this wasn't it.

Why bother revealing a bunch of games they won't be getting until 2014 or even 2015 in some cases? Makes zero sense. They showed what's coming soon, as well as SB and Mario Kart which will be coming next year (and Bayonetta 2 of course....and they previously showed Yarn Yoshi which is also assumedly coming next year).

zorg1000 said:
famousringo said:

Just from the already announced games, it looks like it will be a good year. Bayo 2, X, Yoshi, SMTxFE, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, is already a solid line up, plus a few more we dont know about yet.

Amen.