By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MORE WiiU Games Coming!

Iwata Says More Unannounced Wii U Games Coming By 2014

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has assured investors that the company has more unannounced games coming to Wii U by 2014. Iwata informed them that Nintendo could have revealed more titles at E3 in an effort to ease owners fears about Wii U support. However, he says that the company doesn’t want to leave a long gap between announcing a game and its release due to it “lessening the impact” and allowing competitors to copy the ideas.

“New consoles have always produced better graphics, but the work required may not be related to customer satisfaction. There are more unannounced Wii U titles coming by 2014. There was more info than could be released at E3. Wanted to ease owners’ fears. Don’t want to leave a long gap between announcement/release of new game types that would lessen the impact or allow competitors to copy.”

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network
anthony64641 said:

Iwata Says More Unannounced Wii U Games Coming By 2014

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has assured investors that the company has more unannounced games coming to Wii U by 2014. Iwata informed them that Nintendo could have revealed more titles at E3 in an effort to ease owners fears about Wii U support. However, he says that the company doesn’t want to leave a long gap between announcing a game and its release due to it “lessening the impact” and allowing competitors to copy the ideas.

“New consoles have always produced better graphics, but the work required may not be related to customer satisfaction. There are more unannounced Wii U titles coming by 2014. There was more info than could be released at E3. Wanted to ease owners’ fears. Don’t want to leave a long gap between announcement/release of new game types that would lessen the impact or allow competitors to copy.”

I expect SSB4 at 01/01/14

understandable

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

By 2014? So this year?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

So with the big Summer Update and tons of games next year, this just prove that the Wii U wasn't a failure, it was just release too early. I expect some sort of rather live conference or huge direct sometime in the fall.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

The fact that they showed DKC and 3D Mario less than 6 months from release makes me believe they have alot of stuff in the works that we dont know yet. They said Zelda was ready for E3 but the decided not to show it, im guessing it will be teased in a Direct later this year or early next year with a full reveal next E3 then released holiday 2014. I wouldnt be surprised if Kirby, Star Fox, Metroid, F-Zero and others were currently in development.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Conegamer said:
By 2014? So this year?

I think he means by the end of 2014...

Please Understand

Interesting...reckon they've got something like Wii Sports planned to showcase the controller and aren't showing it yet because they don't want Sony and Microsoft to do a similar sort of thing using the PS4/Vita and the One/Smartglass.

Makes sense because both platform holders did their own versions of Wii Sports and Sony ripped off Mario Kart and SSB.

Wonder what they're going to come up with..? GamePad usage has been pretty poor from Nintendo so far imo. Third parties have done a much better job showcasing the GamePad.

Edit: Just realised that 'by 2014' probably means before 1st April next year rather than 31st December this year. Makes sense for them to keep something back to continue sales momentum after Christmas.

cunger said:
Conegamer said:
By 2014? So this year?

I think he means by the end of 2014...

I'd imagine they mean fiscal year, so March. Otherwise it's far too obvious.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.