By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MORE WiiU Games Coming!

Understandable. A new Zelda game for the WiiU can't come soon enough though. The wind waker hd remake is cool, but it's still an hd remake.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
I think there will be another Direct just before Pikmin 3 release, that will talk about new marketing campaign, summer update and hype up the summer line up.

After another Direct in Oct that will discuss Wii U sales improvement over the past few months, more detail on Holiday line up and announce holiday bundles.

The next one will be in January talking about successful holiday season, giving new details and release dates for early 2014 line up, finally show off Yarn Yoshi and SMTxFE, then at the end show a teaser trailer for Zelda.

In April announce a price cut to $250 fot the Deluxe and a $300 Mario Kart 8 bundle.

IMO they won't have a price cut if the holiday season is succesful, if more games show up sales will probably boost, regardless of a price cut (to back this up: many stores have decreased the Wii U's price due to the poor sales,without any effect to the sales, but after the Xbone announcement, the sales rank went up 875% on amazon{where IIRC the price was the same}).

they probably will have one however, if the holiday season isn't succesful, so they can have another shot in holiday 2014 with Smash Bros, Mario Kart and More.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

honestly, who wouldn't expect this? since Nintendo Directs are scattered throughout the year, we can't expect them to show EVERYTHING at once, they scatter the announcements in each monthly Direct so they can have a steady schedule of announcements.

NDs might not have the same feeling of E3, but if you put all the games announced at the directs in this year, and double it as the year is only half over, do you think all the games could be announced at a single E3? no, so we basically get more games.

(here's a fun thought however, if Nintendo did have all the games in this year's 12 directs revealed at an E3 press confrence,on a scale of 1 to 10, how fucked would Sony and MS be?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saarr_x said:

Understandable. A new Zelda game for the WiiU can't come soon enough though. The wind waker hd remake is cool, but it's still an hd remake.

the whole point of remaking it was because the new WiiU Zelda game seems like it will take some time to be completed, so they gave us the WW remake to play with in the meantime, (an HD remake of a game with good graphics is a million times more simple than making a new game, so it's pretty safe to assume that WWHD didn't take a lot of dev time

hsrob said:
zorg1000 said:
hsrob said:
I'm not putting too much stock in this. Was this originally in English, Japanese? "By 2014" is open to much interpretation particularly if you consider language issues.

I think he means by the end of 2014. Alot of people on here seem to think Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, X, Bayonetta 2, SMTxFE, Yarn Yoshi are the entire 2014 line up. I think thats only about half of exclusive line up for next year.

End of the year makes more sense to me than end of the Japansese financial year but I agree the above cannot be the entire year's lineup.  It would be very odd if all Nintendo showed at E3 next year was games that were announced more than a year prior.

I suspect we'll get a Wii title, Waverace or one of Nintendo's smaller franchises and at least one other in-house and one other collaboration.  I'll be very surprised if we see Zelda before the end of the year.

Im guessing Wii Sports and Zelda will be the big holiday titles and a couple smaller series like Kirby, Pokemon, Mario Party.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

MohammadBadir said:
saarr_x said:

the whole point of remaking it was because the new WiiU Zelda game seems like it will take some time to be completed, so they gave us the WW remake to play with in the meantime, (an HD remake of a game with good graphics is a million times more simple than making a new game, so it's pretty safe to assume that WWHD didn't take a lot of dev time

I understand. I know tww hd is just to bridge the time between now and the moment the new Zelda is released. But that's my point, it's cool but it isn't a new Zelda. To me as a Zelda fan it's less interesting because I want a new Zelda game. But then again it's definitely better than nothing.

saarr_x said:
MohammadBadir said:
saarr_x said:

I understand. I know tww hd is just to bridge the time between now and the moment the new Zelda is released. But that's my point, it's cool but it isn't a new Zelda. To me as a Zelda fan it's less interesting because I want a new Zelda game. But then again it's definitely better than nothing.

yeah, but it will keep my interest for the time being, especially since I'll also be playing the new A Link Between Worlds

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
zorg1000 said:
I think there will be another Direct just before Pikmin 3 release, that will talk about new marketing campaign, summer update and hype up the summer line up.

After another Direct in Oct that will discuss Wii U sales improvement over the past few months, more detail on Holiday line up and announce holiday bundles.

The next one will be in January talking about successful holiday season, giving new details and release dates for early 2014 line up, finally show off Yarn Yoshi and SMTxFE, then at the end show a teaser trailer for Zelda.

In April announce a price cut to $250 fot the Deluxe and a $300 Mario Kart 8 bundle.

IMO they won't have a price cut if the holiday season is succesful, if more games show up sales will probably boost, regardless of a price cut (to back this up: many stores have decreased the Wii U's price due to the poor sales,without any effect to the sales, but after the Xbone announcement, the sales rank went up 875% on amazon{where IIRC the price was the same}).

they probably will have one however, if the holiday season isn't succesful, so they can have another shot in holiday 2014 with Smash Bros, Mario Kart and More.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saarr_x said:

Idk that will be almost 18 months after launch, it will be time for a price cut by then.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
MohammadBadir said:
zorg1000 said:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saarr_x said:

Idk that will be almost 18 months after launch, it will be time for a price cut by then.

considering it's the cheapest Next-gen console out of the big 3, I think people should just realise that the price is good enough...

MohammadBadir said:
zorg1000 said:
MohammadBadir said:
zorg1000 said:

saarr_x said:

considering it's the cheapest Next-gen console out of the big 3, I think people should just realise that the price is good enough...

True but just imagine the sales explosion with a price cut+Mario Kart combo

zorg1000 said:
MohammadBadir said:
zorg1000 said:
MohammadBadir said:
zorg1000 said:

saarr_x said:

True but just imagine the sales explosion with a price cut+Mario Kart combo

as great as that sounds, it's very unlikely ):

@stage, no x love?

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1