By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 version DMC takes 22 minutes to install!!!

LordAkhenUlv said:

So i went through the two pages of this thread, and honestly all i could come up with is...

who cares

really, why is it such a scandal, an insult to have to wait 20 mins to install a game. Please tell me this has been written by a 360 fanboy, because i finally think its being pushed too far. I dont care if i have to wait 20 minutes to install a game, you know what, as someone said above, ill just maybe go eat something, or just read whatever is lying around...heck i might even go smoke a cigarette (and please dont come saying "HA! THERE, YOU SEE WHAT THE 20 MINUTES DOES TO YOU!!11"

Honestly, i think we are dwelling to deep into specs and drive speed and what not, when quite frankly i dont see what the big deal is. Fine, on 360 you can play straight away! Ok then, buy it on 360 and leave others do what they want.

Epic win :D

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Around the Network

I'm seeing some comments on Kotaku that the back story of the first three games is shown through a video while it installs.

Figure I'd throw that out there. Still, be glad it's not like a PC game such as Diablo 2 and it's expansion because not only did you have to swap back and forth disks multiple times just to install Diablo 2, but the expansion made you have to dig out the original's disks and put them in while you were installing the expansion. Another great game you should try to install on the PC would be the CD version of F.E.A.R with it's 5 disks. 

"I don't mind loading times. Gameplay is what I am worried about. "

Oh wait, then you should be happy with the install, cause it reduces loadtimes dramatically at the cutscenes :)

Aynway, I totally agree with LordAkhenUlv. Just install and enjoy the game

Funny, the Orange box the load times for PS3 were around what.. 3-4 seconds longer? so now that they are 1-2 seconds faster i think you are actually saving 4-6seconds. This isnt 360 vs ps3 load times. this is PS3 vs PS3.

ChronotriggerJM said:
antfromtashkent said:
heh i actually installed it via PSP remote play while watching tv :P. but i dint get teh error message

You sir, are a god amongst men :P

lol well thak you :P

Around the Network
kber81 said:

Transitions to gameplay from starting menus are relatively close, frequently within half a second or so of each other, but when you're loading up a cutscene or having another pause in the action, the 360's times are easily three times that of the PS3. - IGN

Funny, this has been mentioned twice now, and everyone seems to ignore it. They would rather bitch about the PS3 not being any better than the 360, than realizing that the OP's link is probably inaccurate.

MikeB said:
madskillz said:
Munkeh111 said:
If I was a 20GB owner, I would be pretty pissed off, cause this is taking up 1/4 of the hard drive space

I totally agree. I have that model, though I am planning on upgrading the drive to a 120gb after a few more sales. But seriously, I don't mind loading times. Gameplay is what I am worried about.

You'll probably experience better load times nomatter if you care or not. The 20 GB drive is slower than the 60 GB drive, considering all the differences and extras I always advised early adopters to get the 60 GB PS3 version instead.

Uncharted was designed to have no install and non-existant in-game load times. I think it's a nice approach, but shouldn't be mandatory for developers as it can lead to unnecessary sacrifices, I think those having lots of space to spare on their harddrive would be pissed with Sony if that would have been the case.

How does Uncharted to do that, does it use the same streaming tecniques as Oblivion (i.e multiple placing of data), or when it is so linear, there is only one direction to go, so the game basically knows what to read next?

Also, how easy is it to transfer stuff between hard drives, because I have the 60GB (the only one avaliable at the time) and I am thinking about upgrading in the future, although I doubt it will be necessary

TheRealMafoo said:
kber81 said:

Transitions to gameplay from starting menus are relatively close, frequently within half a second or so of each other, but when you're loading up a cutscene or having another pause in the action, the 360's times are easily three times that of the PS3. - IGN

Funny, this has been mentioned twice now, and everyone seems to ignore it. They would rather bitch about the PS3 not being any better than the 360, than realizing that the OP's link is probably inaccurate.

Because then we'd have to turn down our gloom and doom meters.... and I'm sure none of us want to do that.

@Munkeh111- I've heard it only takes a minute or two to change out the PS3's hard drive. 

IllegalPaladin said:
TheRealMafoo said:
kber81 said:

Because then we'd have to turn down our gloom and doom meters.... and I'm sure none of us want to do that.

@Munkeh111- I've heard it only takes a minute or two to change out the PS3's hard drive.

I hope you didn't file a patent for that meter of yours, I'm so stealing that :P I shall call it the Doom and Gloom though :P HAH REVERSED!

Yeah I think Sony included instructions on how to change it too xD I could be wrong though! 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

IllegalPaladin said:
TheRealMafoo said:
kber81 said:

I was more thinking of the file transfers