By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 version DMC takes 22 minutes to install!!!

Willem comes up with a point...

How bout you switch channels? How about you watch a music video, or i dont know, the news?

Someone else also said that people are just dying to find something wrong with the PS3, and after a year of randomly browsing through this sites forum, i can only agree, sadly, because some other forums really have a more tranquil atmosphere in them.

Il just wait for the "On the sixaxxis you have to push harder on the analog to make Dante run than on the 360 : SCANDAL" topic.

Around the Network

360 streaming capabilities are alot higher hence how it keeps pretty level.
They call 360 a pc. Installing on a console should be band!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ease of use!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LordAkhenUlv said:

Willem comes up with a point...

How bout you switch channels? How about you watch a music video, or i dont know, the news?

Someone else also said that people are just dying to find something wrong with the PS3, and after a year of randomly browsing through this sites forum, i can only agree, sadly, because some other forums really have a more tranquil atmosphere in them.

Il just wait for the "On the sixaxxis you have to push harder on the analog to make Dante run than on the 360 : SCANDAL" topic.

You were probably also saying it's unfair when all the Sony fans attack(ed) Nintendo all the time with truely objective statements like:

Only for kids, It's a fad, Only 1st parties sell, graphics are soooooooo PS1/N64/<insert ancient console of your choice>, minigames, minigames, minigames, etc...

In the remote case you can't care less when that happens: get over it!!! This forum houses a lot of fanboys from all different brands, but that's what makes it fun to come here. I'm hoping these remarks don't take away the fun you have with your PS3.

MikeB said:
MikeB said:
gebx said:
MikeB said:
NJ5 said:
MikeB said:
In reply to some claims within this thread, on average the PS3 drive loads faster than the 360 drive can read dual layer discs.

360 drive specs

What about seek time?

Some devs stated real world seektimes they experienced are better in comparison. But worst case scenario seektimes are worse (meaning the lens has to move the full range between two locations being read, using the entire disc for storage).

There's a much higher density of data on Blu-Ray disc, if you store the max content available on a DVD on a Blu-Ray disc you're using only a small part of the disc, so the lens will have to move less as well to find the correct data.

@ MikeB - So would you say that the 5gb of data is used to reduce the load times by 1 sec? or is it to help compensate for the seek time of the drive? or a mix of both?

It may be the 360 version has to feed less data, like someone else pointed out in this thread. Iin Oblvion this is apparent (higher rendering resolution, longer draw distances while reducing in-game loading times as well, which are shorter as well as less frequent on the PS3).

Assuming both versions are as good as identical, I think the devs probably decided that some later parts of the game (which often tend to be more demanding) take too long to load. Thus mainly for reducing load times.

Like pointed out in my earlier posting, seektimes differences between DVD and Blu-Ray are very unlikely to play a factor.

Capcom confirmed this was to reduce load times:

"What Capcom did state though is that once it is installed on the PS3, Devil May Cry 4 has load times similar to that of old Super Nintendo Games, meaning no load times at all.

Capcom stated that gamers will be impressed of how fast the game loads."

Source: dBTechno

On average Mikeb snes games loaded in under 1sec. Not 4 or 8 secs. 1 sec quiker than 360 streaming. read OP again.

@Benga Benga

Ok then, find one remark ive made against something of Nintendo? Might be hard since i have four posts...might be even harder since i have a Wii, love it, and have never criticized what Nintendo has made, so dont jump to conclusions that im a fanboy, nor that i said something about the console/maker, thats pathetic.

I find it very pushed that people have to bust up about loading times, and that was my post

oh yeah and i have a 360 too, OH AND BETTER YET i have a PS3 since about a year now, with 1 (ONE) game! Pretty damned strong PS3 supporter aint I!

Around the Network

@LOA,

I didn't once call you a fanboy. I was explaining that the bashing happens to all consoles, not just the PS3. All fanboys keep whining all the time that their console is being bashed, while they (in general, not you personally) bash just as hard at the other consoles.

Sorry if I offended you and welcome to VGChartz!

No offense taken its ok

Im a Pc engine fanboy anyway...

cheers for the welcome!

You can always use the time to learn Sanskrit
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/02/06

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

According to IGN yhe 360 load times are easily three times that of the PS3. If people really get riled by this then they need to get out more lol. I'm gona grab it from Morissons in a min set it up and make lunch while it installs. People used to complain that developers were'nt using the PS3 advantages. Now they are getting grief for significantly shorter load times.

Ynwa.

xbots, more than meets the eye