By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 version DMC takes 22 minutes to install!!!

that seems a bit much for one second....why not just hid the load times with clever doors like MP# that way even though you take 4-5 secs to load you can just reload some guns and refocus yourself

Around the Network
superchunk said:
@libellule and Parokki

1. 20min install does not give any lowered load times. 1sec savings is just bs unless you're a drag racer.

2. I have never taken more than 5min to install any PC game. The only things I have installed that take this long is an OS and some programming software.

@tombi

This news is all over the net, from many sources.

They should have just did it like the 360 and been done with it. I mean waiting 20 mins to first play the game or waiting 8 vs 7 seconds for the game to load .... I'll take the extra second anytime.

1.) 1 second off your load time is indeed faster, wether or not it matters to you is your opinion lol.

2.) I've had some nightmareish installs on a Pc :/ Maybe you just have a good computer ;)

3.) Don't assume this is Sony's fault :P if you really feel like this is a violation on people, blame capcoms dumbass xD 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

mrstickball said:
Its funny that it needs such a long, huge install to be only slightly quicker on load times than the X360.

Am I the only one that thinks that means the X360 version (or atleast the DVD drive) isn't that bad? Imagine what a similar install on the X360 would do!

I don't understand the whole "oh 20min isn't much" then proceede to decry the X360 version's 1 second longer load times. As the article said, any sort of savings in load times would only be there after 8-10hrs of game playing. Does that really mean it's convinent?

In devil may cry, I'm used to running all over there quaint maps and going through many, many, many doors. A 20 minute install time can be shrugged off as an install because you can do something while you wait >_>; having additional load times AS YOU PLAY on the other hand can suck something fierce :/ 

I'm not sure what it would be like on the 360, probably pretty bitchin :P They should have included it as an option for both, but again this is capcom ;) 

What chunk said

the question i have

the 360 version do you also have to do a 20min install or could you...i don't know...PLAY the game?

if you can just slap in the disk and be playing within a minute or two- heck lets call it 5 minutes- on the 360..and there is a second savings on load times on the ps3 of ~1 second per loading sequence... you would need to do.....15x60 or 900 loading sequences to "catch up"

2 people loading game... person 1 ps3 person 2 360...5 minutes later person 2 starts playing...

15minutes post that person 1 starts...

if both players are equally skilled and go thru each level in the exact same timeframe, every ~60 loads of a level/cutscene the ps3 person would gain a minute back. ~900 loads later they'd be equal in the game...

IGN's review says: "No, the edge comes in the fact that the PS3 installs a large amount of game files to the hard drive, dramatically reducing load times between stages and cinematics. I've timed the game on both systems numerous times, and each time has been consistently in the PS3's favor. Transitions to gameplay from starting menus are relatively close, frequently within half a second or so of each other, but when you're loading up a cutscene or having another pause in the action, the 360's times are easily three times that of the PS3."

So while the difference may be minimal at points, during some load times it is a large decrease.  And I think that having a third of the load times during some points is well worth the install time.  On a side note didn't this conversation already happen?  Was the one where GGE said that this was the beginning of the end for videogames on the PS3 and they would all have long install times.

Around the Network

Fanboys, stop defending this. Nobody in their right mind will buy/rent a game, go home then say "boy Id really like to shower now." 20 minutes is inexcusable as is the mandatory install.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

i dont know....thats the norm for some pc games if you figure in restarts d such so i am not put off by that...it just seems silly for a few seconds--because in total you might make up 15-20 mintues by the time you beat the game is that really that big?

CDiablo said:
Fanboys, stop defending this. Nobody in their right mind will buy/rent a game, go home then say "boy Id really like to shower now." 20 minutes is inexcusable as is the mandatory install.

Right because you'd put in the disc, have it tell you it needs to install for 20 minutes, then sit there complaining >_>? Or would you go the manlier path and declare the game garbage and that you should throw it away to show the world that we don't want loading times? People it's 20 minutes >_>; I've been in the bathroom doing my manly duties for longer than 20 minutes. 

How about this, put the game in, hit install, work out for 20 minutes so you don't feel like a pansy, get some adrenalin going, now play DMC4 and stop whining xD 

CDiablo said:

I'm not really interested running the game the speed of 12x DVD either so  I chose a shower and a quiet running console myself.

elnino334 said:
@madskillz LOL My cousin hates the install after download. We actually downloaded the uncharted demo twice and both times it error during the installation. My cousin was so pissed he gave up lol. I still want to play it but will have to wait until I can get my own ps3. It may run better by a few seconds which may or may not equal the 20 minutes install time. I am sure most people won't mind but it is annoying.

I have gotten used to load times. So what if I get an extra second - that sucks. Do I have the option of not installing it?

@ el Nino - no joke, I was installing GT a few days ago, when downstairs, made a ham samich and poured me a grip of Kool-Aid and came back and that junk was still installing. I forgot my popsicle - went back downstair, snagged it, came back and it was still downloading. That makes no sense.