By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 version DMC takes 22 minutes to install!!!

thats an annoyingly long time

Around the Network

This article was obviously written by a 360 fanboy.

my main complain about installing anything isn't the time, it's clicking all the 'yes' and 'next' and then having to type in some 24 digit code.

For PS3, put your disc in, go and have a shower and comeback. You don't have to stay there while it installs.

Much rather want to do that than wait in game loadtime screen.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

That seems like a pretty long installation time, but if it reduces load times in game, it's not bad.

libellule said:
DAMN people, plz READ before posting

for 20 min, u get +1 sec for each loading time.
to say it differently, the loading time I reduced by 25% ...

at the end, the 20 min install is not so bad.

VGC : 1up/EGM : gamespot = PS3 bashing for free

That sounds good in that you will end up saving time, the thing is though you will never notice that  decrease in load times when it's a matter of one or two seconds while that 20 minute install will feel like an hour.

Around the Network

Huh, I didn't know that you installed PS3 games. Do you install all of them? It would be quite worthless with a 20 gb harddrive thenn.

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

@Madskillz, Generally when downloading a demo or game, it doesn't install it so that you could possibly take the demo elsewhere, maybe to a friends house that has no internet connection. I think they SHOULD include a download and install, but this is Sony's first go at an online network, so work with em ;)

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Agreed tombi. I would think installing the game is optional, just like it is on Ninja Gaiden Sigma. If you don't think it's worth it there's really no need to do it, doesn't stop you playing.

@libellule and Parokki

1. 20min install does not give any lowered load times. 1sec savings is just bs unless you're a drag racer.

2. I have never taken more than 5min to install any PC game. The only things I have installed that take this long is an OS and some programming software.

@tombi

This news is all over the net, from many sources.

They should have just did it like the 360 and been done with it. I mean waiting 20 mins to first play the game or waiting 8 vs 7 seconds for the game to load .... I'll take the extra second anytime.

Its funny that it needs such a long, huge install to be only slightly quicker on load times than the X360.

Am I the only one that thinks that means the X360 version (or atleast the DVD drive) isn't that bad? Imagine what a similar install on the X360 would do!

I don't understand the whole "oh 20min isn't much" then proceede to decry the X360 version's 1 second longer load times. As the article said, any sort of savings in load times would only be there after 8-10hrs of game playing. Does that really mean it's convinent?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.