By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NES experts, I need your help! Update! Rate my purchases.

Gumshoe is complete jokes - you have to shoot at the screen to make him jump and to hit enemies - needless to say it's incredibly inaccurate

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

Around the Network
snyps said:

Definitely buy wizards and warriors. It has fabio on the cover which is hilarious and it's made by rare! It's a lot of fun. Very unique experience. I beat it multiple times.

Ironsword: Wizards and Warriors 2 has Fabio on the cover, not the original. 

--

As for the games the op quesetioned. I'd recommend them all except for Gumshoe and Wizards and Warriors.  If you like Gradius, also get Lifeforce.

wow thx for the feedbacks! I know Gumshoe is probably the least good from the bunch. But I'm not setting my expectations too high with this one. I just have some sort of fascinitation for "black boxes games". I even enjoy games like Golf... Plus I want to collect every games from Nintendo as long as they are ok.

I was thinking of buying Jackal for the coop mode that looks nice. Nemo is really appealing. It feels like it would bring you back to your childhood for some reasons.

I'm definitly going to pick up Balloon fight, and Ice hockey at some point

Devil Rising: Seems like really good recommandations, I already have Ninja trutles II arcade, 2 startropics games, punch-out, Final Fantasy, yoshi and double-dragon 2. I'll keep an eye open if I see the other one for cheap.

Skip Gradius and get Lifeforce - the better sequel

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

travis said:

-Legacy of the wizard

-Wizards and warriors

Did you have Legacy of the Wizard originally in the op?  I must have missed it and went straight to Wizards and Warriors.  I then thought Wizards and Warriors was Legacy of the Wizard and looked it up.  I then went on a hunt to find the Wizard game I remembered playing from the past.  Lo and behold it was right there in the op above the one I was looking into...

Around the Network
Tecmo said:

You forgot to say "Skip Tecmo Bowl: it is a peice of garbage without redeeming qualities." No worries though, I took care of that for ya.

sethnintendo said:
novasonic said:
Just grab anything that isn't a sports game. The amount of quality titles on the NES is bonkers.

Why no love for sports games?  The two I listed are classics.  Tecmo Super Bowl and Ice Hockey...

My friends and I were still playing and loving Tecmo Super Bowl deep into the PS1 era.

Tecmo said:

Man, I looked into this thread and thought I would be the only one old enough to indicate games for the Topic Owner. Feels good not to be alone. :P

Well, first of all, Gradius IS great, but LifeForce is just plain awesome. If you cannot pick both, there's no mistake with LF. Gosh, it is the first time a game would transition from side scrolling to vertical that I can remember. Sensational. Plus: multiplayer.

From the list: Batman is absolutely incredible. Hard as good games should be. And an unforgettable soundtrack. 

I have some more suggestions if you want. But for now I'm just happy for the content of this thread.

sethnintendo said:
novasonic said:
Just grab anything that isn't a sports game. The amount of quality titles on the NES is bonkers.

Why no love for sports games?  The two I listed are classics.  Tecmo Super Bowl and Ice Hockey...

Yeah, I guess 3rd gen sports games were alright. It wasn't until the 4th gen that EA started their tyrannic yearly sport game B.S. I will admit the NES is the only console I actually have a sports game for.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

yeah actually I would buy Life force but I'm trying to buy from a single seller to save some shipping costs since it,s more expensive to ship to Canada. So I guess I'll have to go with Gradius for now. So I'm adding to the bunch some new ones as well!

-XEXYZ
-Master Blaster
-Snake Rattle and roll
-Willow
-Zanac

What are your thoughts on these?