By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NES experts, I need your help! Update! Rate my purchases.

You got a good deal on Blaster Master and Kid Icarus (thought Kid Icarus might be worth more than $10). Very nice deal on that tennis and ice hockey bundle! I think it is about time I pick up a NES again (was stolen when left at parent's rental property). Perhaps later this year I'll be going after a few old Nintendo systems that I want to add to my collection.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

You got a good deal on Blaster Master and Kid Icarus (thought Kid Icarus might be worth more than $10). Very nice deal on that tennis and ice hockey bundle! I think it is about time I pick up a NES again (was stolen when left at parent's rental property). Perhaps later this year I'll be going after a few old Nintendo systems that I want to add to my collection.

Yeah i wanted to get a nes at some point. I remember my friend had one that was not working really good (that "famous" flashing light).

Then I saw that video that started it all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2VEdhtPdtU

Then I start cleaning my games like shown in this video. Now EVERY games I openend and cleaned so far work perfectly at first try!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXEzqWT-okc

I recommend picking up one for around 50$. Seems like the price is slowly going up

http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/nes/nintendo-nes-console

Blaster Master is AMAZING. One of my all time favorite games, it's kind of like Metroid if Samus was a futuristic tank. The iosmetric top down sections are only ok, but exploring in the tank makes up for it.

Rad Racer... sniff sniff... such happy memories! The best NES racer.

TheLastStarFighter said:
Rad Racer... sniff sniff... such happy memories! The best NES racer.

I always laugh when I remember it's a Squaresoft racing game.

Around the Network

I remember having lots of fun with Cobra Triangle. I never finished it though since I only played it as a friend's house.

Signature goes here!

Spazzy_D said:
Blaster Master is AMAZING. One of my all time favorite games, it's kind of like Metroid if Samus was a futuristic tank. The iosmetric top down sections are only ok, but exploring in the tank makes up for it.

Blaster Master is indeed amazing... and so hard! I still haven't managed to finish it.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Spazzy_D said:

Blaster Master is indeed amazing... and so hard! I still haven't managed to finish it.

It seems like such a simple formula, but apparently it's not, as the game has some of the most mediocre sequels of all time.  (The GB one is gimped, the Genesis one is ok, the PS1 one is TERRIBLE...never played the Wiiware sequel, but I haven't exactly heard good things.)

Little Nemo is really awesome. Great mood and music. Well I saw you already purchased this one.

But don't forget to get the classic Batman. This NES version is really special, better that the one on GENESIS.

-Gradius: 10, I loved this game when I was a child, I used my imagination to pretend I was a real pilot fighting through the outter space =D
-Little Nemo: the dream master: 9, great game.
-Gremmlins 2: 10, one of my favorites when I as a kid.
-Batman: 10, one of the bes nes games.
-Gumshoe: 5, hate it.
-Jackal: 6, rented once, it was ok.
-Legacy of the wizard: never played.
-Wizards and warriors: 6, my friend had it, it was ok.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.