9-10 million 36 14.06%

8-9 million 28 10.94%

7-8 million 28 10.94%

6-7 million 35 13.67%

<6 million, It's going to bomb 33 12.89%

There's a Squirrel on the track!!! 4 1.56%

Total:256
LemonSlice said:

I see about half of GT5 sales come from the "rest of the world". That is amazing, I don't think there's any other popular game like that. Is it because of excessive bundling in those territories or is there some other reason? I know the series is popular everywhere, but that is a lot.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/7678/gran-turismo-5/

It's wrong... VGC data is wrong.

The most sales come from Europe... I don't know why ioi swapped the numbers... before VGC showed 4+ million for Europe... I mean in UK only GT5 sold over 1 million... and it receive a award for over 500k in Germany... just that put GT5 at what VGC shows for Europe.

Europe real breakdown:

Around the Network
TrevDaRev said:
10 million.

People seem to forget that GT4 is still selling! GT titles have incredible legs. ethomaz, how many units has GT4 sold since the release of the PS3?

Michael-5 said:

Wow, you think GT6 will sell 70% of it's lifetime stock in 2 months? I have to say I disagree, GT6 will sell well because of strong legs, not because of people who are waiting in line for a mignight launch. Like a bunch of people are saying, GT5 is already on the PS3, so I don't think people will rush to get GT6 right away. However I do think most GT5 owners will pick up GT6 eventually.

It will be interesting to see if GT5 tops GT4, GT4 is still 1 million units ahead of the shipped figure for GT5, so GT5 is going to need to sell 10% more units post GT6 launch. Possible, so it will be interesting.

.....wanna make a bet on Forza 5 sales? You said when you bet you loose, and we're not betting on a franchise you care too much for. I'll bet you that Forza Motorsport 5 will sell over 3 million units by December 31st  2014, and while I can't bet you on this, I think FM5 will outsell FM4 (which is currently at 4 million, may go to 4.5 million) within its lifetime.

My favorite GT is 3. GT3 is kinda the racing game that got me into cars, before GT3 I didn't know much about cars, and I think GT1 and 2's car list largely reflected the Japanese sports car market, and not the global one. GT4 was good too, but it was more or less GT3 with everything upgraded. GT5 was awesome too, but after FM3, I was expecting more from GT5. GT6 might become my favorite now, PD doesn't have to put in as many fake Lambo's and Ferrari's anymore. Too bad about Porsche, damn you EA!!!

I meant GT6 will have some more weeks of sales than GT5 and the userbase is bigger... if GT5 did 5.2m in 2010 then I think GT6 will do over 6 million and close to 7 million in 2013.

I think Forza will sell over 3 million and less than 5 million... your 4.5 million fits so I can't bet againt on that.

But I can bet that DriveClub will outsell Forza 5 but I need to think a little because there are a free version of DriveClub... I almost forget that.

10 million easily

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

mind said:

Hell no. Why?

The game is free and tied to online(social features), i'm sure there would be complete pack of cars and tracks on psn, so people won't have to buy a full game, if they have ps+, even if game would be great(doubtable), 5m+ is something crazy.  Even gt6 on ps4 would have a hard time selling this kind of quantity.

I forget that lol... I need to think a little about .

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
LemonSlice said:

I see about half of GT5 sales come from the "rest of the world". That is amazing, I don't think there's any other popular game like that. Is it because of excessive bundling in those territories or is there some other reason? I know the series is popular everywhere, but that is a lot.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/7678/gran-turismo-5/

It's wrong... VGC data is wrong.

The most sales come from Europe... I don't know why ioi swapped the numbers... before VGC showed 4+ million for Europe... I mean in UK only GT5 sold over 1 million... and it receive a award for over 500k in Germany... just that put GT5 at what VGC shows for Europe.

Europe real breakdown:

That makes much more sense hehe. It apparently selling more in US than in Europe was particularly surprising.

ethomaz said:
TrevDaRev said:
10 million.

People seem to forget that GT4 is still selling! GT titles have incredible legs. ethomaz, how many units has GT4 sold since the release of the PS3?

Yes, I know the up-to-date GT numbers. I was wondering if you know how much Gran Turismo 4 has sold since the launch of the PS3?

TrevDaRev said:

Yes, I know the up-to-date GT numbers. I was wondering if you know how much Gran Turismo 4 has sold since the launch of the PS3?

lol my mistake.

Here you have all the PD site updates for GT4: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=125037

At the launch of PS3 it was between 8 to 8.7 million.

And yes... GT5 is the fastest selling GT ever created... no other GT shipped 10.66 million in 2 years and 3 months.

I'd say just under 8 million. So 7.9 million I guess.

Love and tolerate.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.