9-10 million 36 14.06%

8-9 million 28 10.94%

7-8 million 28 10.94%

6-7 million 35 13.67%

<6 million, It's going to bomb 33 12.89%

There's a Squirrel on the track!!! 4 1.56%

Total:256
WagnerPaiva said:
600K first week, around 5 million lifetime.

lol 0 chance

Around the Network

I'm going low on this one. 6.500.000 units aprox. It's almost the end of the seventh gen for Sony, and I can't see GT being helped by heavy marketing or bundles. Only the fanbase will push numbers forward.

What are the preorders looking like. Without knowing anything about the game- I'm guessing 3 million lifetime( if they're lucky). There's no buzz for this game like there was for GT5- so unless they delay it again and port it over to ps4- I don't see this doing gangbusters.

And people never learn lol.

Yeah, no buzz and suicidal release date. 4 million.

I'd like to think Sony knows what they're doing... But jesus christ, this is going against absolutely everything we've learned to be a safe idea.

If a PS4 version springs up in a year or two, that'll change everything.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
WagnerPaiva said:
600K first week, around 5 million lifetime.

lol 0 chance

I will buy it, but I am sure it will not sell like GT5, this generation is over.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I'm expecting about 2 million less than GT5 so about 9.5-10 million.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

ethomaz said:

i think a lot of people will hold off on buying this game, anticipating the PS4 version to release.

thats what im doing. im hoping they release gt6 shortly after on ps4

2-3 million first week 8 million + lifetime. It wont do GT5 numbers, its too late in this gen for that, but if anything GT5 proved that the brand is stronger than ever

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

ethomaz said:

3 million is a little low, but to be fair, I didn't expect GT5 to sell as well as it did either, but I think that:

1. There's no buzz to this game (GT5 got a lot of attention because of how often it was delayed and how long people were waiting for a complete Gran Turismo game since ps2 era).Part of the reason there's no buzz is also due to a lack of marketing- I'm already seeing trailers for Madden, COD, BF, etc look at how many views the trailer for gt6 on youtube has- not even 100k.  EDIT: The anouncement trailer did get 400k views, but e3's didn't get to 100k

2. It's the end of the consoles's generation and people are going to be more interested in a next gen racing games ala Drive Club, Forza, etc.

3. Xbox One, PS4, GTA 5, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty 98, and tons of next gen and current gen games are gonna be launching around the same time.

I think 3 million is being real- if not a bit optimistic.

EDIT #2: I'm completely talking out of my ass- I have no idea how to guesstimate game sales. Just my uneducated guesses.