By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony bros, how do you feel about the Xbox 180?

Tagged games:

How do you feel about it?

Happy 106 37.19%

Sad 26 9.12%

Mad 23 8.07%

Buttmad 13 4.56%

Horny 52 18.25%

Hungry 26 9.12%

What's Nintendo? Chopped liver? :-( 39 13.68%

Total:285
Mr Puggsly said:

Well you can still buy games digitally. So perhaps that'll be the incentive to buying digital.

All they've said is that family sharing won't be there at launch, but according to their updated policies, digital games can't be swapped or sold. I think it's dead, Jim.

Around the Network

I'm still scared of the cloud.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I'm really excited.  Sony has shown this time around it learned its lesson with the PS3 reveal, and they're really listening to gamers.  Sure, I was hoping for complete Sony dominance with Nintendo flexing its first party muscles as well, but I'm glad Microsoft pulled the DRM back.  It's good for gaming, and it keeps the pressure on Sony to continue to deliver.

That being said, Microsoft hasn't "fixed" anything, they've just stopped pouring gasoline on the fire.  They lost a lot of trust from the gaming community, and still seem out of touch.  Rather than ask, listen, and deliver what gamers wanted, they decided what was best for them and tried to push it on them.  That's not something you can just reverse.

think-man said:
Will be a good fight this gen, but I expect Ps4 to really spread its wings and fly ahead of MS mid - late 8th gen.

I don't think it will be close, not with a $100 price gap. MS gets my nod for changing their policy, but i gotta say, the next time you pick a side MS, just ride that shit until you are dead. Flip flopping creates integrity and trust issues.

I hate it...I like my competition dead in the water, not gasping for air :p

Around the Network
arcane_chaos said:
I hate it...I like my competition dead in the water, not gasping for air :p

hahaha well said.

It's a win for consumers and a good step forward. Now just get rid of the Kinect requirement.

I'm curious, however, to see how quickly some of their exclusives will turn... not so exclusive. Going to be a lot of torn up contracts.

-A better ESPN GO and other existing channels.
-The best UI and Online Experience.
-Showed the best game line up at E3. Including Killer Instinct and Halo demo on Xbawx Juan.
-Bettered the best controller in the game.
-A bad ass machine that responds instantly to kinetic movements and voice command. I can cover it with a towel or tape it to cover the mic if I get paranoid, so no *itch*ng and unnecessary rants.

Yes I'm willing to pay $100 more and enjoy my favorite games in the best machine IMO.

loy310 said:

I don't think it will be close, not with a $100 price gap. MS gets my nod for changing their policy, but i gotta say, the next time you pick a side MS, just ride that shit until you are dead. Flip flopping creates integrity and trust issues.

^This

...also this...

BaldrSkies said:

It's a win for consumers and a good step forward. Now just get rid of the Kinect requirement.

I'm curious, however, to see how quickly some of their exclusives will turn... not so exclusive. Going to be a lot of torn up contracts.

while this does mean sony won't easily win,..

..i feel happy to have DRM pushed back and oddly empowered. it's almost unbelievable that we (gamers) were able to so directly change the course of the industry. now it's time to petition against PRISM.