By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony bros, how do you feel about the Xbox 180?

Tagged games:

How do you feel about it?

Happy 106 37.19%

Sad 26 9.12%

Mad 23 8.07%

Buttmad 13 4.56%

Horny 52 18.25%

Hungry 26 9.12%

What's Nintendo? Chopped liver? :-( 39 13.68%

Total:285
badgenome said:

Be honest: are you sad that Playstation domination may be nothing more than a beautiful dream? Glad that Sony will be feeling the heat of competition and won't have a chance to get lazy? Just happy to see that the ugly prospect of DRM has been beaten back, at least for the moment? Or are you a true believer who thinks the PS4 is going to roll the Xbone all day long anyway? Let's talk about it, champs.

With Sony daring - daring! - to start charging for multiplayer next gen, I'd have to put myself firmly in the second camp. PSN wouldn't be half of what it is if they didn't have to try to catch up with Live this gen, and it's good to know they'll be facing the pressure next gen as well.

Fuck that, I was an early adopter, I remember the painful years of #NOGAME trolling, the butthurt excused I made about Sony's output, eventually crawling to the 360 to play Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia... like a crack addict that's been without for months -years! Inhaling that shit, fapping to it's music and mewling at the JAPANESE FAWKING VOICE TRACK OMFGBBQ.

Sony would not have to work anywhere near as hard if not for Microsoft beating on them for the past gen, consumer NEED for both the Xbox and Playstation to be a viable platform.

And btw, I picked Horny because that's a constant state for you and me. :)

Around the Network

I still have no idea what live does other than charge for using one's own isp current or previous gens... Next gen on both sides i can see obvious service, although personally i loathe fb and dont want to connect my real name with an online gamer id... But i still see the purpose...

Overall I'm overjoyed ms did a 180 with the x180 (officially it's new name) as i was mostly 40/60 about the next gen console i would use... But at the same time dissapointed in ms for doing so as they could have been a lot more forward thinking about the whole thing and just released kinect v2 as a digital only service with the game sharing capabilities. I would have been a lot more impressed with that as an offering. However, even with out drm, and i did think about this, what does ms have to offer over sony for next gen? Subjective maybe, but not the best offerings for gamers in terms of exclusives or social/multi media. Honestly, i think Sony has a lot more to offer the next gen of consoles overall with most things being fairly even ground in terms of offerings.

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

PS4 needs good competition. If Xbox One kept the DRM it would have failed and PS4 would have won this gen no contest.

If you're sad you can't bash the Xbox One about anything. Atleast you still have that the PS4 is more powerful. Remember all the Xbox fans ranting about how PS3 games all look ever so slightly worse than 360 games and some which were poor ports looked much worse. You can finally do the same :P.

BasilZero said:
Rafux said:
I'm happy about it, competition benefits the consumer.

This pretty much sums up my post.

Would suck to see a monopoly of third party titles on the Playstation brand l0l.

No it wouldnt. PS2 anyone? That was the best gen.

this is a good sign, sure Sony may lose sales but it promotes good policies in the gaming industry.
i never want to see that happen again

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
theprof00 said:
Frankly I'm a little disappointed. I liked the ten person sharing feature.
Why can't they just make it optional. I just don't understand.

Well you can still buy games digitally. So perhaps that'll be the incentive to buying digital.

Yeah but no more sharing with ten people. That was basically legal piracy. I was down for that if it was true :/

Happy. No DRM threat for the console industry - for now.

This is a good decision for the whole industry. The Internet damage for Microsoft was so big, now they have seen they can not do everything they want to do with us Gamers. We are not stupid sheeps and Microsoft finally realised that. This is of course damage control and i think they have a Long way to go to get the trust from the consumers back.

With that beeing said i also dont think that the non DRM route was the only deciosion sony has maked. In fact they probably would have done the same if Microsoft didnt get so much bad press. They were smarter in waiting the reactions Microsoft will get and have seen this will hurt them more than waht it will bring to them.

So hopefully the whole industry now see with that bad PR that we Gamers dont Support everything they will bring to us. And hopefully the whole industry realise that not every gamer is so damn stupid.

Great for the industry as a whole as it's more freedom for us, the people that keep them in business to begin with.

However, already finding it weird thinking many think the race is instantly back on, did people instantly forget they tried to do it? MS has been damaged for even trying it and their PR mess for the last month and to many that have just instantly forgiven and forgotten, well to me that's just strange.

Hmm, pie.

My option isn't here. Shame.

As people are buying it. MS already said that things might change in the future. Of course they will. Why stick around to eventually be pissed. They are just needing pre-orders now, and hype to get people not to ditch their console fully. Sony didn't try to piss us off this generation, and won't in the future (this gen at least). So why go back to MS, when they've showed their true colors. Sony is the one who made them wise up. I am guessing that MS thought Sony would have a similar DRM feature.