By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - And now I'm back in Xbox One corner!

VGKing said:
You really think they did this because they are listening to their fans? They did this because Sony had too many advantages.
-No DRM
-Lower Price
-More Power

They eliminated one of those advantages Sony had and no it can actually be a competition. Microsoft doesn't care about you, they care about sales. By now they already have pre-order data and I'm betting they were horrified at how fast the Xbox brand was being destroyed.

Then I thank Sony for pressuring MS into changing their policies. At the bolded the same thing is true for any corporation including Sony. 

Around the Network
dobby985 said:
VGKing said
dobby985 said:
VGKing said:
You really think they did this because they are listening to their fans? They did this because Sony had too many advantages.
-No DRM
-Lower Price
-More Power

They eliminated one of thosevantages Sony had and no it can actually be a competition. Microsoft doesn't care about you, they care about sales. By now they already have pre-order data and I'm betting they were horrified at how fast the Xbox brand was being destroyed.

Sony doesnt care about you either. No corporation cares about you.

I beg to differ. They care more than Microsoft that's for sure. You see Sony understood that if you anger the customer, they won't buy our product. Microsft quickly found out this once they saw pre-order data for Xbox One and PS4. Right, BenVTrigger?

Sony were undecided about DRM on the PS4 and kept quiet on the subject for months.

After Xbox One recieved a hostile reception because of it's DRM, Sony saw a PR opportunity and took a more ethical stance to generate a buzz for the PS4. It worked.

They did the right thing but it's not because they "care about gamers".

No, not really. They claimed from the start, that it will be up to publishers for DRM implementation (now online pass only), and does not require online to play single player games. It was blown out of proportion and put to doubt from gamers who could not believe that Sonu won't implement DRM hardware wide when MS did. Sony never changed it's stance.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:
So I'm curious, cause you wanted to skip both Xbone and PS4. And now they are pretty much the same in terms of DRM policies, used games, online etc. Will you buy the PS4 as well?

nope...the X1 is the only one for me.  It'll have the same exact multi-plats so their is no point in getting a PS4 for me.  My X1 will look mighty fine next to my Wii U and 60" Sharp LED TV!!!!

im proud xbox fan since 2001.... i have to admit, and i said this before, my first next gen console would be ps4. But now, just like you, i just jumped in again :D

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

NobleTeam360 said:
VGKing said:
-No DRM
-Lower Price
-More Power

They eliminated one of those advantages Sony had and no it can actually be a competition. Microsoft doesn't care about you, they care about sales. By now they already have pre-order data and I'm betting they were horrified at how fast the Xbox brand was being destroyed.

Then I thank Sony for pressuring MS into changing their policies. At the bolded the same thing is true for any corporation including Sony. 

Power diffrence won't be much of an issue just like with the 360 and PS3!!!  I crack up everytime a Sony fan brings  up the system is going to blast past the X1!!!

Around the Network
oni-link said:
eFKac said:
So I'm curious, cause you wanted to skip both Xbone and PS4. And now they are pretty much the same in terms of DRM polices, used games, online etc. Will you buy the PS4 as well?

nope...the X1 is the only one for me.  It'll have the same exact multi-plats so their is no point in getting a PS4 for me.  My X1 will look mighty fine next to my Wii U and 60" Sharp LED TV!!!!

I don't understand why did you answer, as the question was not asked towards you.

I would never ask you this, cause I know your posting history, and know that you would never buy it anyway.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

@bananaking21 agreed on all points.

secpierre34 said:
bonkers555 said:
eFKac said:

Nope. I already stated in the past 4 years that the PS3 will most likely be my last HOME console from Sony. That might change but with the Xbox One just got rid of their dumb policies I don't see that happening anytime soon or ever.

That's interesting, you buying the Xbone one after dropping their policy even though it was in all fairness thanks to Sony. I am with you on that one though, I will get an Xbone eventually (pretty strong lineup). But I am getting the ps4 as well, I like what sony did for gamers. You can't deny that

I won't deny that. They did really good with PSN+ and their 1st party games are top notch. But they did all of those because they were getting their ass handed to them by the 360 and Wii. Do you remember how bad the PS3 was in it's first 2 to 3 years?  It's not because they care for the gamer but because they need to survive the generation.

Yeah, I will probably buy one and all the next gen consoles now like I always do. It is too bad we cannot make Sony change their mind about online multiplayer being tied to PS plus though.

Nem said:
Just pray Microsoft doesnt shove DRM back down your throat when they have the console safe.

And i tell you, i'm sure they will.

That would, quite literally, be illegal.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS