By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - And now I'm back in Xbox One corner!

MS could still compete the console doesn't launch until six months they still have Gamescom and TGS to win people over and so far in terms of exclusives i have to give it Xbox.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
Ronster316 said:
The winner of this match.......... and NEW E3 2013 champion....... XBOX ONE. (though to be fair, if it was only based on games in the first place, MS won anyway, now its a pounding)

E3 finished last week. Sony won that.

They did? funny that, if i recall people said that sony won "purely" becuse of the DRM fiasco........ theres been a change in that decision, new champ so to speak.

XBOX ONE.

secpierre34 said:
dobby985 said:
VGKing said:
You really think they did this because they are listening to their fans? They did this because Sony had too many advantages.
-No DRM
-Lower Price
-More Power

They eliminated one of those advantages Sony had and no it can actually be a competition. Microsoft doesn't care about you, they care about sales. By now they already have pre-order data and I'm betting they were horrified at how fast the Xbox brand was being destroyed.

Sony doesnt care about you either. No corporation cares about you.

I agree, corporations only care about money. It's just that some of them are more greedy than others. But I must say, Congrats to Sony because without them, we would have DRM.

Apple and Android devices have full blown software DRM much worse than Xbox One and they are coming to invade the living room near you in the next year or two.

When COD starts coming to Apple TV and Andorid 5.0 devices...you wil know they mean business. 

This is a good move my Microsoft. To be honest they should.have never made the mistake in the first place. But thats another matter. Im still suspicious of the console and it is still too expensive in my opinion. However I may now consider getting one in a few years time.

disolitude said:
secpierre34 said:
dobby985 said:
VGKing said:
You really think they did this because they are listening to their fans? They did this because Sony had too many advantages.
-No DRM
-Lower Price
-More Power

They eliminated one of those advantages Sony had and no it can actually be a competition. Microsoft doesn't care about you, they care about sales. By now they already have pre-order data and I'm betting they were horrified at how fast the Xbox brand was being destroyed.

I agree, corporations only care about money. It's just that some of them are more greedy than others. But I must say, Congrats to Sony because without them, we would have DRM.

Apple and Android devices have full blown software DRM much worse than Xbox One and they are coming to invade the living room near you in the next year or two.

When COD starts coming to Apple TV and Andorid 5.0 devices...you wil know they mean business. 

And they will know that we mean business as well, they can ask Microsoft

Around the Network

I still can't believe this. WOW! Gamers are the true winner here. Congrats to all of the people who weren't buying one because of the DRM. This is by far the most unexpected news I've ever heard (gaming related).

VGKing said:
dobby985 said:
VGKing said:
-No DRM
-Lower Price
-More Power

I beg to differ. They care more than Microsoft that's for sure. You see Sony understood that if you anger the customer, they won't buy our product. Microsft quickly found out this once they saw pre-order data for Xbox One and PS4. Right, BenVTrigger?

Sony were undecided about DRM on the PS4 and kept quiet on the subject for months.

After Xbox One recieved a hostile reception because of it's DRM, Sony saw a PR opportunity and took a more ethical stance to generate a buzz for the PS4. It worked.

They did the right thing but it's not because they "care about gamers".

I seem to be the only one disappointed with the announcement. I didn't like the once every 24 hour check, but I would still prefer that if it gives me the sharing with 10 family member friends and diskless gaming. I really wish rather than rolling it back they had just made it optional.

It's also region free!!! btw.

secpierre34 said:
disolitude said:
secpierre34 said:
dobby985 said:
VGKing said:
-No DRM
-Lower Price
-More Power

And they will know that we mean business as well, they can ask Microsoft

Nah they will be welcomed with open arms byt a new generation of users that are used to these policies and know the advantages digital software and aren't scared of DRM. All while the loud core gamers that protested here will dismiss iOS and Android gaming as "casual".