By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Major Nelson On DRM Concerns, Silencing Don Mattrick and How PS4 Isn’t a Threat

How are they not in competition with PS4?

In what universe does MS live in? Are they being serious?

Around the Network

Cant wait until the One fails as a multimedia hub, and only manages to carve a niche gaming following, who only buy it for Halo and a handful of quality exclusives. Will be fun to read the interviews full of baseless arrogance

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Does anyone besides me find it odd that their isn't a single quote in the article?

I also find it odd that Larry would publicly throw a member of the Xbox team under the bus. If Microsoft truly felt Mattrick was a concern that would not be publicized..

S.T.A.G.E. said:
If the PS4 isnt a threat, why is Microsoft in the gaming industry?

The PS4 isn't "the" threat. It is Sony.

EDIT: I've just checked the source. Has a "fake" feel all over it. So this is probably wrong anyway.

Looks very fake.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

To make money lol. They aren't looking at PS4 like us.

maybe MS spin doctors can go to work for the NSA. even as an MS fan this has become a bit much, I expect change about a year after launch but for now MS has to stick to their guns much like they have for windows 8. it will be interesting to see if they can destroy the brand enough to move from 80+ million gen back to 25 million or less. they are moving to early for particular techs they could have added later, and made optional. on top of that to try and save some money they are trying to leverage the old dumb terminal idea host as much as possible on the back end, its a shame really. i can see why they want gaming as a service but at some point we have to say no as consumers and stop buying/using so that they either get the point or are replaced by someone who does

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

MB1025 said:
Does anyone besides me find it odd that their isn't a single quote in the article?

I also find it odd that Larry would publicly throw a member of the Xbox team under the bus. If Microsoft truly felt Mattrick was a concern that would not be publicized..

Does seem odd

TheSting said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

To make money lol. They aren't looking at PS4 like us.

MS isnt in the console industry just to make money. The money they make from gaming is nothing compared to their true endeavors which the Xbox one is all about. Think about it. Sony was dipping into multimedia, so they came to attack Sony and succeeded in diverting their marketshare. They succeeded in that, so now they want to increase their efforts by extending their battle with Apple to the gaming industry. If their competition gets snuffed out that means more to them than the money.

For all we know this interview could be made up bullshit.