By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 3 Officially Passes Gears Of War 3

Tagged games:

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Both AAA games: Uncharted 3 on 92, Gears on 91. Uncharted 3 has now objectively overtaken Gears of War 3 in sales. The sales are the most definitive and objective way of defining the quality and success of a game- period. Uncharted 3 is #Winning!

But gears 3 sold almost all of its units at full price where as  Uncharted 3 was heavily discounted and bundled. Making money is the "most definitive way of defining quality and success of a game". Gears of war 3 destroyed uncharted 3 in this respect.

Around the Network

Fact No 1 - Gears of War 3 made more money since it sold a lot more in its first 2 months. A whole 1 million more units could equal anywhere between $30 million - $50 million in revenue over Uncharted 3.

Fact No 2 - Uncharted 3 was massively bundled.

Fact No 3 - Uncharted 3 has not made as much money nor sold as much as Gears of War 3.

Metroid33slayer said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Both AAA games: Uncharted 3 on 92, Gears on 91. Uncharted 3 has now objectively overtaken Gears of War 3 in sales. The sales are the most definitive and objective way of defining the quality and success of a game- period. Uncharted 3 is #Winning!

But gears 3 sold almost all of its units at full price where as  Uncharted 3 was heavily discounted and bundled. Making money is the "most definitive way of defining quality and success of a game". Gears of war 3 destroyed uncharted 3 in this respect.

So tell me how much money did gears of war 3 make? 

How much money did Uncharted 3 make?

I bet you have no idea, so until you do this it the only way we can gauge things. This is a far better way of doing things then making guesses, which is all you can do outside of actual numbers.

foodfather said:
Fact No 1 - Gears of War 3 made more money since it sold a lot more in its first 2 months. A whole 1 million more units could equal anywhere between $30 million - $50 million in revenue over Uncharted 3.

Fact No 3 - Uncharted 3 has not made as much money nor sold as much as Gears of War 3.

Better read the OP again.

Some great responses!

Uncharted's success still annoying quite a few people on here.

Around the Network
foodfather said:

Half of that statement is the same as the first statement,while the other half is against factual evidence.

I find disturbing that Gears of War 3 hasn't still crossed the 6 million mark, considering how well its predecessors did.

That being said, bundled or not, we gotta congratulate Uncharted 3 for its amazing sales too!

Ow look at me being an a-hole:

I enjoyed both... cause I like games not systems..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Ow look at me being an a-hole:

I enjoyed both... cause I like games not systems..

You're such a bad boy...

I'm surprised at Gears 3's sales to say the truth, isn't it like almost 2 million behind the second?