By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 3 Officially Passes Gears Of War 3

Tagged games:

Wright said:
wilco said:

Gears 3 was a dissappointment. It was very front loaded because people quickly realized that it was actually pretty terrible. Gears 3 was the beginning of the franchise going downhill culminating in the atrocity that is gears judgement.

You mean, the best game in the trilogy is terrible? What?

Lol... "best game in the trilogy"? By what standard? Metacritic and sales both put it last. I think most people on here just like it because it was so similar to uncharted. It was the worst by far.

Around the Network
wilco said:
Wright said:
wilco said:

Gears 3 was a dissappointment. It was very front loaded because people quickly realized that it was actually pretty terrible. Gears 3 was the beginning of the franchise going downhill culminating in the atrocity that is gears judgement.

Lol... "best game in the trilogy"? By what standard? Metacritic and sales both put it last. I think most people on here just like it because it was so similar to uncharted. It was the worst by far.

I'll tell you the same as I tell to everyone using "Metacritic" and "sales" as a standard. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty is the best selling Metal Gear Solid game to date, and it has the best metacritic of all the Metal Gear Solid games; yet it's probably one of the most hated games of the saga by the fans.

Don't trust Metacritic and sales to measure how well a game is. In my opinion Gears of War 3 is the best game of the trilogy. I have my own standards and that's my opinion. If you can tell me what's so terrible about Gears of War 3 instead of just criticising it would be appreciated.

bananaking21 said:
uncharted 3 is majorly undertracked btw. anyone remember the 3.8 million figure that SONY announced?

3.8m copies shipped to retailers day 1, not sold to consumers.

Wright said:
wilco said:
Wright said:
wilco said:

I'll tell you the same as I tell to everyone using "Metacritic" and "sales" as a standard. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty is the best selling Metal Gear Solid game to date, and it has the best metacritic of all the Metal Gear Solid games; yet it's probably one of the most hated games of the saga by the fans.

Don't trust Metacritic and sales to measure how well a game is. In my opinion Gears of War 3 is the best game of the trilogy. I have my own standards and that's my opinion. If you can tell me what's so terrible about Gears of War 3 instead of just criticising it would be appreciated.

Good god, where do I start?

1. Changing the art style from the badassery of gears 1 and 2 to something cartoonish looking.

2. Overpowered rifles.

3. Single player story was the worst of the trilogy. Not saying the previous stories were great but gears 3 just took it to a new level of cheesy.

4. Adding microtransactions with rainbow colored rifle skins to even further kill the atmosphere of the series.

5. Maps were terrible. Not a single one that could hold a candle to some of the brilliant maps from the first two.

Overall the biggest issue with gears 3 is that it took the series in a much too arcadey direction. I always knew gears 3 was a harbinger for bad things to come and they really proved it with gears judgement. The first signs of trying to take it down a cod route first appeared in gears 3 and its just going to continue downhill.

It's impressive because while Gears has been a best selling franchise from the beginning, we've gotten the chance to watch Uncharted grow into just that over the years.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network
Deyon said:
bananaking21 said:
uncharted 3 is majorly undertracked btw. anyone remember the 3.8 million figure that SONY announced?

3.8m copies shipped to retailers day 1, not sold to consumers.

they wouldnt have shipped it if there wasnt any demand for it. also, sony made full price off of all those 3.8 million shipped

Uncharted instead is growing as a franchise whilst Gears is dying as a franchise.

wilco said:

Good god, where do I start?

1. Changing the art style from the badassery of gears 1 and 2 to something cartoonish looking.

2. Overpowered rifles.

3. Single player story was the worst of the trilogy. Not saying the previous stories were great but gears 3 just took it to a new level of cheesy.

4. Adding microtransactions with rainbow colored rifle skins to even further kill the atmosphere of the series.

5. Maps were terrible. Not a single one that could hold a candle to some of the brilliant maps from the first two.

Overall the biggest issue with gears 3 is that it took the series in a much too arcadey direction. I always knew gears 3 was a harbinger for bad things to come and they really proved it with gears judgement. The first signs of trying to take it down a cod route first appeared in gears 3 and its just going to continue downhill.

1.- The style is great. Except for the atmosphere, I don't see how you complain about this. Graphics looks cool, not cartoonish.

Except for Anya's hair which looks lazy as hell, I don't see the cartoonish thing.

2.- The only overpowered rifle was the Retro lancer. The Lancer is a solid weapon, and the Hammerbust has been nerfed as hell.

3.- Single player story is possibly one of the BEST aspects of Gears of War 3. What are you calling cheesy? Except for the ending, I don't see how you can claim Gears of War 3's story is bad in comparison to one, for example, whereas everything was like "Yo' Marcus Fenix? Yea gotta use the Locator thing to destroy 'em. Yo' it didn't work? Well get on board dat' train and use explosives to finish this!". Now that was cheesy as hell.

4.- Oh, man, this is just plain nothing. I could understand if you complain about having microtransactions, but the microtransactions itself? So by that logic, putting a younger version of Carmine as a sking you could buy kills the atmosphere too?

5.- Agree on this one except for Checkout.

Gears of War 3 had indeed an arcade mode. But that was entirely up to you to play it. It has the story mode, the horde mode and the multiplayer people love. I don't know. I respect your opinion but frankly I don't agree.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Both AAA games: Uncharted 3 on 92, Gears on 91. Uncharted 3 has now objectively overtaken Gears of War 3 in sales. The sales are the most definitive and objective way of defining the quality and success of a game- period. Uncharted 3 is #Winning!

Time to change your avatar son :D 

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Both AAA games: Uncharted 3 on 92, Gears on 91. Uncharted 3 has now objectively overtaken Gears of War 3 in sales. The sales are the most definitive and objective way of defining the quality and success of a game- period. Uncharted 3 is #Winning!

Wrong, money is and Gears selling more in it's first year won easily. Quality? How do sales=quality?

Nintendogs better than Gears 3 and Uncharted 3 confirmed. http://www.vgchartz.com/game/1657/nintendogs/

Congrats to ND and UC3.