By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Don Mattrick "We're over-delivering value"

Then why not EXPLAIN this value? People are still searching for answers.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Lamace said:
You know, that may be true, since it was also true for the PS3 at $600. But, does the consumer care? No. They do not. Most people that buy a gaming console want it for gaming, and nothing else. If something else is on the market that's cheaper, and offers a similar gaming experience, they'd rather get that. Sony learned this the hard way, and now Microsoft will have to as well.

I don't really think it is true to either Xbox One or the PS3 (at 600), since value is something that consumer perceives and if the consumer sees no benefit over cost....than it isn't over-delivering despite what any corporation may say. 

Turkish said:

"It's a lower number than some of the analysts had forecasted," Mattrick said on Bloomberg TV. "We're over-delivering value against other choices I think consumers can get. Any modern product these days you look at it [and] $499 isn't a ridiculous price point. We're delivering thousands of dollars of value to people, so I think they're going to love it when they use it."

Please elaborate idiot cause i dont think any one sees THOUSANDS of dollars of value in any game console.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

JGarret said:
Nsanity said:
I told you this guy should be fired.

When did he start being one of the public faces for the Xbox brand?

Since Kinect.

Nsanity said:

If he get's fired because of his latest comments, then Jack Tretton should've been fired ages ago.

Around the Network

Microsoft's generosity is just too much. We really don't deserve this much, extort us a little at least for goodness sake!

It keeps getting better and better for Microsoft... Are their PR writers on strike or something?

I am having so much Deja Vu right now, are we in 2006 again?

I think he really seems like a nice guy :(

CGI-Quality said:
Deyon said:
Nsanity said:

If he get's fired because of his latest comments, then Jack Tretton should've been fired ages ago.

Jack Tretton made comments that could have buried the PlayStation? I hadn't heard them.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson