By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Don Mattrick "We're over-delivering value"

Did Ken Kutaragi and Yamauchi become the heads of MS' PR department at some point? Before this year I was convinced it was impossible to top the PR disasters these two brought but holy shit I got proven wrong in style on that front.

Around the Network

That is true and you know it. Microsoft bought Skype for $8.5 billion, you are bitching about $500.

JGarret said:
I really wish we'd seen the equivalent of "Riiiiiiiidge Racer/Giant enemy crab".

We did have such moments. For example; during the Microsoft conference when the price was announced, there was a boo from the public and you could clearly hear them shouting "QUITE" to the journalists!

The hole is not big enough, I guess.

CGI-Quality said:
Deyon said:
Nsanity said:
I told you this guy should be fired.

If he get's fired because of his latest comments, then Jack Tretton should've been fired ages ago.

Jack Tretton made comments that could have buried the PlayStation? I hadn't heard them.

What comments did Don make that would burry Xbox? All I see is normal PR talk.

Jack Tretton was much more arrogant than Don. And he was kind of a dick.

"If you can find a PS3 anywhere in North America that's been on shelves for more than five minutes, I'll give you 1200 bucks for it." (Jack Tretton on the PS3 launch, 2007)

"[On 3DS] Our view of the 'Game Boy experience' is that it's a great babysitting tool, something young kids do on airplanes, but no self-respecting twenty-something is going to be sitting on an airplane with one of those," he says. "He's too old for that." (Jack Tretton, 2011)

"I would like my car to fly and make me breakfast, but that’s an unrealistic expectation." (Jack Tretton’s thoughts on those who expect backwards compatibility in future PS3s, 2007)

"[Wii] is a lollipop, and I'm too old for lollipops." (Jack Tretton, 2007)

The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry(Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network

What did he say that was soooooooo wrong? Seems like some are trying to pile on to any and everything. It's quite amusing to read. It's not like this guy told people to get second jobs to pay for it. Which was so insulting it still registers off the charts.

these micro$oft guys are giving me jokes these days. please continue

yeah, the numbers show it don. this is just embarrassing now.

michael_stutzer said:
That is true and you know it. Microsoft bought Skype for $8.5 billion, you are bitching about $500.

Huh!?

"If someone is rich, others shouldn't complain that they're not as rich"?

Yeah.. this is almost verbatim what Sony said when they revealed the PS3 price.

We all know how that turned out.