By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - “You’re all being played” Bleszinski slams Sony’s lack of used game blockers as a PR tactic

Hynad said:
eFKac said:
"You cannot have game and marketing budgets this high while also having used and rental games existing. The numbers do NOT work people." - So that's his only proof? That's not really much if you ask me. Sorry Clifford.

The Witcher 3 is AAA. Its budget is probably not as high as other games of that kind. Because CD Project Red are actually budget responsible. Unlike a lot of other high profile developers...

Yet, CD Project Red are completely against any form of DRM... Go figure.

It's reported to have a budget of 34million dollars so it will be pretty big, the most expensive Polish game ever to develop. Still they are not going to implement any form of DRM, go figure Cliffy

Off-topic. But still after all these anti-DRM statements and actions, the fact that CD RED showcased Witcher 3 on MS conference was really dissapointing for me. It was like:"yeah we are very pro-consumer and anti-DRM until MS pays us enough $$$"

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Hynad said:
eFKac said:
"You cannot have game and marketing budgets this high while also having used and rental games existing. The numbers do NOT work people." - So that's his only proof? That's not really much if you ask me. Sorry Clifford.

The Witcher 3 is AAA. Its budget is probably not as high as other games of that kind. Because CD Project Red are actually budget responsible. Unlike a lot of other high profile developers...

The witcher 3 will cost more then 34 million dollar.. Don't know if thats expensive in videogame land..

http://n4g.com/news/1279622/the-witcher-3-will-cost-more-than-100-million-z--34-mil-most-expensive-polish-game-ever-created

Depends on the type of games. That amount includes the R&D and development of the new engine.

Yet, that dev is still against any form of DRM. How do you explain that?

Cliffy B is talking out of his ass once again. He must be about to announce a new MS exclusive or something.

NiKKoM said:
Hynad said:
eFKac said:

The witcher 3 will cost more then 34 million dollar.. Don't know if thats expensive in videogame land..

http://n4g.com/news/1279622/the-witcher-3-will-cost-more-than-100-million-z--34-mil-most-expensive-polish-game-ever-created

God of War 3 cost more. 44 million. http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/6728.html

RolStoppable said:

I agree, a systemwide implementation is highly unlikely.

I need to check out Cliffy B's Twitter previous comments on used games. Maybe he has gone completely nuts.

Don't waste your time. It's basically:

"You can't have AAA games without DRM! THE NUMBERS DON'T WORK, PEOPLE!"

"Do you people who are saying that publishers need to reduce budgets realize how stupid you sound?"

"Europe, get your shit together and learn 2 broadband connection."

God I hate when this guy and Jaffe open their big stupid mouths.

But I love it when badgenome opens his.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

Yes, bleszinski. Because you know how good PR is when it turns out to be the opposite later.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Oh my god... When will this guy just shut up and go back to making his homoerotic fantasies on M$'s consoles. All he does nowadays is whine like a little kid, and nobody give's 2 sh*ts what he has to say anymore.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

We'll see what Iwata says.

As for Bleszinski, he's unemployed.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Are you sure it isn't just a joke twitter like Kaz's? Slamming SONY's no DRM policy? Internet in Europe sucks?

Come on. This guy is an idiot.

awww no extra lambo bc i bought it used.... really cliff? just sit down and be quiet...