By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - “You’re all being played” Bleszinski slams Sony’s lack of used game blockers as a PR tactic

RolStoppable said:

I don't know, do you feel safe that third parties won't find a way to screw gamers over?

Not really, but Microsoft built their scheme into the very heart of its system. Sony hasn't done any such thing, so the idea that they're going to turn around and unveil "something similar" is pretty ludicrous. If they do plan to, then drawing so much attention to DRM and talking at length about how they think attacking ownership rights is a bridge too far would blow up in their faces spectacularly.

Cliffy remains a dumbfuck.

Around the Network
eFKac said:
"You cannot have game and marketing budgets this high while also having used and rental games existing. The numbers do NOT work people." - So that's his only proof? That's not really much if you ask me. Sorry Clifford.

The Witcher 3 is AAA. Its budget is probably not as high as other games of that kind. Because CD Project Red are actually budget responsible. Unlike a lot of other high profile developers...

Yet, CD Project Red are completely against any form of DRM... Go figure.

The man who made Xbox exclusives is trashing Sony, who would have guessed.....

Hynad said:
Nsanity said:
Hynad said:

Isn't it against the rule to post an article as is without putting your own comments in the OP?

Oh... Yes. It is.

• Do not post just a link. Links have context - expound upon that context. For example, Mario Piano Videos. Post a link, but also give some background on what the link is to. Try to avoid simply copy and pasting the article to which you are linking.

Plenty of other users on this site do the exact same thing.

Ok, and?

Doesn't make it right.

But makes it normal ;)

Multimedialover said:
Its interesting that this isn't the first person to say this. Ubisoft said this at e3 and edge also reported further Sony pr play from sources they have.

there's to many developers saying this about Sony pr play at e3.

lol at all those who get burned buying a ps4. Sony lie at e3 more than any other company.

look at e3 2005 for ps3. Sony factually lied about 16 things for ps3. Including cross game chat from launch and dual hdmi out.

i wonder how many ps4s used will be on sale by April 2014. I predict alot. As people realise the lack of launch titles and used game policies. More importantly devs may start to boycot ps4. As many have categorically stated at e3 drm in some form is needed to keep the industry afloat.

why else would Microsoft being listening to devs and Sony not? Playstation may end up as Nintendo. 1st party only. As 3rd party flock to drm protected xbox one.

Hahaha so you say that used PS4s will be on sale quick cause people will get screwed by DRM, cause it's only Sony's PR, and in another sentence you say the 3rd parties will jump ship cause PS4 won't have DRM and games will be too expensive XD

You're hilarious but you lack logic, not that I'm surprised anymore after reading your earlier posts :D:D:D

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
eFKac said:
Multimedialover said:
Its interesting that this isn't the first person to say this. Ubisoft said this at e3 and edge also reported further Sony pr play from sources they have.

there's to many developers saying this about Sony pr play at e3.

lol at all those who get burned buying a ps4. Sony lie at e3 more than any other company.

look at e3 2005 for ps3. Sony factually lied about 16 things for ps3. Including cross game chat from launch and dual hdmi out.

i wonder how many ps4s used will be on sale by April 2014. I predict alot. As people realise the lack of launch titles and used game policies. More importantly devs may start to boycot ps4. As many have categorically stated at e3 drm in some form is needed to keep the industry afloat.

why else would Microsoft being listening to devs and Sony not? Playstation may end up as Nintendo. 1st party only. As 3rd party flock to drm protected xbox one.

Hahaha so you say that used PS4s will be on sale quick cause people will get screwed by DRM, cause it's only Sony's PR, and in another sentence you say the 3rd parties will jump ship cause PS4 won't have DRM and games will be too expensive XD

You're hilarious but you lack logic, not that I'm surprised anymore after reading your earlier posts :D:D:D

I was thinking the same thing. He's really eager when it comes to baching Sony and defending MS... So this behaviour of his really isn't surprising.

Hynad said:
Mad55 said:
Hynad said:
BenVTrigger said:
I love Cliff and think hes one of the greatest game designers in the industry.

But his pro MS twitter crusade had been ridiculous. And his comments about pre owned and AAA are absolutely false.

Yeah. People are blowing this out of proportion. Nintendo said it best. Something along those lines: "Used game sales aren't an issue, really. Developers should create games that are complelling enough that people will want to keep them in their collection".

And I agree wholeheartedly.  Cliffy B as always appeared to be a complete moron to me. Just make games and... don't talk anymore.

Cliff is actually a smart guy just because someone says something that may be completely wrogn every once in awhile doesn't mean they shouldn't speak I mean he is human. Hes earned the right to talk at the level that he does

Hum... actually. After all the bullshit he's known to have said in his overrated history... no. He has earned the obligation to shut the hell up already. Ha ha ha.

ohhhh your.......okay ill just laugh with you on the inside. 

Hynad said:
eFKac said:
"You cannot have game and marketing budgets this high while also having used and rental games existing. The numbers do NOT work people." - So that's his only proof? That's not really much if you ask me. Sorry Clifford.

The Witcher 3 is AAA. Its budget is probably not as high as other games of that kind. Because CD Project Red are actually budget responsible. Unlike a lot of other high profile developers...

Yet, CD Project Red are completely against any form of DRM... Go figure.

The witcher 3 will cost more then 34 million dollar.. Don't know if thats expensive in videogame land..

http://n4g.com/news/1279622/the-witcher-3-will-cost-more-than-100-million-z--34-mil-most-expensive-polish-game-ever-created

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

My personal impression so far is that Sony simply leaves the question of DRM up to the developers/publishers.

Meaning yes, there may be games with DRM on PS4, but there is no console enforced DRM like on Xbone.

So if it was true that AAA titles and used games cannot coexist (I doubt it), then the game publishers can address these problems themselves. In which case we can only hope that people just won't buy the game.

RolStoppable said:
badgenome said:

Um... it would be exponentially worse PR to announce no DRM and then turn around and say, "Just kidding. DRM!" than to just announce DRM up front. Cliff is a dumbfuck.

Isn't Sony's stance that it's up to publishers?

If you consider how accepting gamers were of paid online multiplayer on the PS4, I don't think the implementation of DRM on the PS4 would lead to much of an outrage. It would probably be rationalized with: "Well, Microsoft still has something worse in place and I guess we'll have to accept that this is the future. It's not like the Wii U is an option; it won't get the majority of third party content, after all. And at least Sony's first party games won't have such DRM. Plus the PS4 is still $100 cheaper than the X1."

I don't know, do you feel safe that third parties won't find a way to screw gamers over?

Some can't afford to piss off their fans. That's what I believe at least.