By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - “You’re all being played” Bleszinski slams Sony’s lack of used game blockers as a PR tactic

BenVTrigger said:
I love Cliff and think hes one of the greatest game designers in the industry.

But his pro MS twitter crusade had been ridiculous. And his comments about pre owned and AAA are absolutely false.

Yeah. People are blowing this out of proportion. Nintendo said it best. Something along those lines: "Used game sales aren't an issue, really. Developers should create games that are complelling enough that people will want to keep them in their collection".

And I agree wholeheartedly.  Cliffy B as always appeared to be a complete moron to me. Just make games and... don't talk anymore.

Around the Network

I think Jim Sterling of Destructoid already made some good counter points against what Cliffy is saying.

Hynad said:

Isn't it against the rule to post an article as is without putting your own comments in the OP?

Oh... Yes. It is.

• Do not post just a link. Links have context - expound upon that context. For example, Mario Piano Videos. Post a link, but also give some background on what the link is to. Try to avoid simply copy and pasting the article to which you are linking.

Plenty of other users on this site do the exact same thing.

Nsanity said:
Hynad said:

Isn't it against the rule to post an article as is without putting your own comments in the OP?

Oh... Yes. It is.

• Do not post just a link. Links have context - expound upon that context. For example, Mario Piano Videos. Post a link, but also give some background on what the link is to. Try to avoid simply copy and pasting the article to which you are linking.

Plenty of other users on this site do the exact same thing.

Ok, and?

Doesn't make it right.

Hynad said:
BenVTrigger said:

But his pro MS twitter crusade had been ridiculous. And his comments about pre owned and AAA are absolutely false.

Yeah. People are blowing this out of proportion. Nintendo said it best. Something along those lines: "Used game sales aren't an issue, really. Developers should create games that are complelling enough that people will want to keep them in their collection".

And I agree wholeheartedly.  Cliffy B as always appeared to be a complete moron to me. Just make games and... don't talk anymore.

Cliff is actually a smart guy just because someone says something that may be completely wrogn every once in awhile doesn't mean they shouldn't speak I mean he is human. Hes earned the right to talk at the level that he does

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
Hynad said:
BenVTrigger said:

Cliff is actually a smart guy just because someone says something that may be completely wrogn every once in awhile doesn't mean they shouldn't speak I mean he is human. Hes earned the right to talk at the level that he does

Hum... actually. After all the bullshit he's known to have said in his overrated history... no. He has earned the obligation to shut the hell up already. Ha ha ha.

Its interesting that this isn't the first person to say this. Ubisoft said this at e3 and edge also reported further Sony pr play from sources they have.

there's to many developers saying this about Sony pr play at e3.

lol at all those who get burned buying a ps4. Sony lie at e3 more than any other company.

look at e3 2005 for ps3. Sony factually lied about 16 things for ps3. Including cross game chat from launch and dual hdmi out.

i wonder how many ps4s used will be on sale by April 2014. I predict alot. As people realise the lack of launch titles and used game policies. More importantly devs may start to boycot ps4. As many have categorically stated at e3 drm in some form is needed to keep the industry afloat.

why else would Microsoft being listening to devs and Sony not? Playstation may end up as Nintendo. 1st party only. As 3rd party flock to drm protected xbox one.

User was banned for this post - Kantor

I'd consider what you said if you weren't taking it up the rear from Steve Balmer on the regular.

THis post has been moderated by axumblade

"You cannot have game and marketing budgets this high while also having used and rental games existing. The numbers do NOT work people." - So that's his only proof? That's not really much if you ask me. Sorry Clifford.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

It would be a terrible move if Sony backtracked on their DRM stance, which they've been pretty clear about so far. Ultimately it will, and has always been, up to the publishers, and I don't think anyone believed that the big publishers would stop their DRM experimentation just because Sony isn't going to provide the tools to do it.